Thread: Co-op modes feature in Hunted: The Demon's Forge

Co-op modes feature in Hunted: The Demon's Forge

I just see some screenshots and some videos of this game. It’s really great game and I just love to play this. But here I have some query on this game. Are split screen co-op available to PC users, too? For a few reason developers tend to cut this feature from computer games. If not: Can you play over LAN, or just internet? Anyone have any idea or any suggestion on this? Thanks in advance for any information on topic.

Re: Co-op modes feature in Hunted: The Demon's Forge

Here I just wish to add something in this case. As t5his game is really playable. It is impractical to allow split screen on PCs. It’s not a hardware limitation or anything, but rather an input limitation as well as general practicality. Considerer the average PC gamer has a resolution of about 1280x1024, splitting that in half would be less than ideal. Developers don't tend to cut it; they just not at all add it in the first place.

A little tweak, presented in a tutorial by the InXile staff would be all we need in this case. I doubt it would even need a patch, since the technology is available in the game's code. One or two pages with instructions on how to activate split screen for the PC version and the geek’s ultra high-end graphics cards and split screens will stop complaining. And what input limitation? One keyboard and mouse? Personally I have many peripheral units. 2 Playstation controls, a steering wheel/pedals and flight stick. And they can all be utilized at the identical time.

The average gamer today, has Full HD screens, It's 6-8 years since I had anything lower than 1600. They are really cheap. 6870 costs 1290NOK. Which can run most games over three screens at that resolution? My four year old 4890 card can also run better graphics than a console. As most computer users run Vista or Windows 7, they are better suited for split screen than console users, since they can decide which way to split the screen.

Yeah, it is irritating that developers are so slow to catch on with the technology. Just imagine Eyefinity two-monitor split screen. That would be like playing on different computers in the living room. Especially since 40" LCD displays hardly costs more than normal 20" computer screens, which alone are a good reason to include split screen on computer games. None of the posters have confirmed or denied split screen coop on the pc version. Or what other multiplayer options are obtainable.

The main reason why it is removed from computer games, although they've already programmed it into the source code, is obviously profit. Since you have to purchase two copies of the game if you have more than one child/player in your home that wants to play together. That is also the main reason they are removing LAN support in games. So that you have to buy multiple copies of their games, and stay online to generate advertisement revenue for the companies.