Thread: Official multiplayer gaming in The Edler Scrolls

Official multiplayer gaming in The Edler Scrolls

Hello friend I have recently purchased this game and installed on my system no with want to play the same in the official multiplayer co-op. Now the thing here is that I am unable to play the same. So please help me out of the same. I mean I want to know what the perfect way to do the same is. I know there will be the finest way and to deal with. So I am waiting for the perfect suggestion from you people.

Re: Official multiplayer gaming in The Edler Scrolls

Multiplayer comes in many shapes and sizes: MMORPGs, arena-style combat, cooperative, etc. and it can be very helpful to be specific if you do not intend to discuss multiplayer simply in abstract terms. This obviously isn't a requirement; it is simply a suggestion to help limit confusion and misunderstanding. If someone does post a multiplayer thread in TES General or elsewhere, simply direct them here and report the thread to the moderators. And please, do this civilly, yelling and insulting people especially new users because they do not know about this thread serves no constructive purpose, and will likely result in a warning.

The moderators are not privy to information that hasn't been released to the public. Also, please realize that adding multiplayer to Oblivion at this time is simply not feasible. Oblivion has been streamlined for single-player and adding multiplayer would require re-writing large portions of the engine. The devs would much rather spend their time and energy expanding on what they already have, a great single-player RPG, rather than re-doing what they've already finished.

Finally, multiplayer code requires a ton of effort. For example, it took two people several months to add multiplayer to Soldier of Fortune 2, a game made with an engine specifically designed for multiplayer Quake 3. Many people seem to feel that a developer can purchase some network code and slap it on with a week's worth of work, but this just isn't the case. If TES could be played via LAN, it would be the perfect LAN game for me and my other TES-playing friends but I don't know how that would work out with mods.

Multi player would just be a terrible waste of time and resources, in my opinion. TES games are complex enough to make without adding the burden of multi player. The most enjoyable aspect of TES games is the complexity of the world they create, and making multi player would cut into that. In fact, it would likely have to dumb down the game world to facilitate multi player. But honestly, I really think taking the series MMO would completely destroy the experience. Instead of one we have thousands. Not anymore. Yeah, well join everyone wearing the same gear and using the same items the same way for the same quest.

I just don't think it would work. But if in any way it could work, it should be a separate entity from TES:V, be developed by others specializing in multiplayer (with the source code and a few creative devs from Bethesda), and come much after .One guy couldn't sleep; dialogue's would have to be altered; you're no longer the hero; it would be hard for players to explore independently, if at all; it would just be a giant prolonged "raid", if I understand that term correctly.

Co-operative play has between one and three friends drop into a locally hosted game in a somewhat seamless way that wouldn't break the immersion of the game. For instance, you could imagine the taverns as a place to find "travel companions", so while you're at taverns your friends can join your game. May I add, if anyone at Bethesda is actually reading this and it might actually make it into the game, please use Steam for it. I guess a server could be possible, but for a series relying on great SP, it's not a plausible market and with fiber internet connections on the rise, multi-core systems and most systems having 4-8GB of RAM local hosting is not a poor bet.