Thread: No split-screen in Hunted: The Demon's Forge

No split-screen in Hunted: The Demon's Forge

I was super eager for Hunted: The Demon's Forge as the idea seemed really awesome to me, but what I was even more excited to be able to play with a friend on my couch, since this is a game where you play the entire campaign with two people. So I was shocked when I found out that this game will not have any split-screen, when it would be the perfect game for it. So what is up Bethesda? Does anyone else think this game would be benefit from split-screen?

Re: No split-screen in Hunted: The Demon's Forge

In all probability won't get this until I can snag it at a low price then. Split screen isn't all the time needed; I mean for a hack and slash why not just both characters have on 1 screen? Worked for games like LOTR return of the king which was similar in a way, and really I had the most fun out of that game because of being able to play it with a buddy on the ps2 without online, probably would not have played it so much otherwise.

Co-Op split screen isn't a case of having a big TV; it's regarding interacting with your friends while they are there. Recently, And for a very strange reason, game developers have gone away from putting in "On-The-Couch" split screen for better visual effects/physics. I love Co-Op games, whether it's LAN, online or when my friends are in the same room. For a game such as Hunted, to not have "on the couch" co-op is going to be a big disappointment. Family members won’t be able to play together unless they're on separate consoles, friends won’t be able to come over for the night, play a bloody action game and have a few laughs. It's truly, very disappointing.

The game itself is presently in Alpha, but except they decide to add On-The-Couch split screen now, I can't see it happening. And that's a big shame, the old hack and slash PC games had LAN capability and that is what made them so exciting and genius. One can just hope it changes. Might I as well point out, that On the Couch is free compared to Xbox Live, making it something students and young adults would much prefer because not everyone can afford to pay for Xbox Live.

Golden Axe had an immense couch co-op system, but that's because the game was very linear (you have to beat all the enemies in one area earlier than you can go on). I don't suppose there's something like PC dual-monitor support for the consoles? Wouldn't that be awesome: you get one TV, your buddy gets the other, and you play the similar game on the couch. Assuming you has a second TV. At a standstill, the game would need to be highly contrived to keep both characters on one screen, especially as we are in the 3D age now (not 2D) with player controlled cameras.

As this game is co-op centric I don't see any logic behind not including split-screen. I already have Xbox Live by the way, I just prefer to do coop split screen with a friend. If this really is the case then I won't be purchasing this as not any of my friends are going to, and I could have played with them anyway with split screen. To be honest, I discover it great fun whenever I'm home on break to go to the local video rental store and grab a game with a friend and spend all night (and most of the morning) trying to beat it. It's a hell of a lot more fun than playing with some random stranger over the internet (not that that can't be fun either, I just prefer the real world sometimes.

Me and my friend, finding games we can both play snuggled on the couch has been a real chore lately. We will purchase anything if it has on the couch co-op, but it seems like everybody wants you to have two consoles, two games, and two online accounts lately. Either that, or the co-op is just, fight boss battles together - after you have beaten the game. I don't want to fight boss battles after I've already done it; I want to actually play the game with my spouse.