Thread: Is hunted: The Demon's Forge just playable with 2 players

Is hunted: The Demon's Forge just playable with 2 players

Me and my friends were really looking forward playing hunted with 4 players. Until now we thought it was 4 players, 4 players is like the standard minimum size for multiplayer games. 2 player co-ops is an extra for single player games. We are truly heartbroken; we thought hunted would be our long awaited old school dungeon crawler with multiplayer co-op and good graphics. It seems we were mistaken, really sad, seems we will have to wait again. We're old school and started with the first versions of Ultima Underworld, Elder Scrolls and Might & Magic. We've been waiting ages for a dungeon crawler that can be played with at least 4 players. We are not really interested in singleplayergames with +1player extra, so we are not going to purchase hunted if it really is just 2 player co-op.

Re: Is hunted: The Demon's Forge just playable with 2 players

I understand if you are looking for a precise sort of game, and it's hard to find, then being close probably isn't well sufficient - you don't want to pick something up just to settle with "pretty close." However it seems a bit unfair to say that Hunted is simply a single player game with the option of having a friend tag along. The two-player co-op seems to be the main focus of the gameplay and the story, as well as being a central aspect of the combat system.

In this time of 10 Single player, 15 MMO and 2 multiplayer games per year. It's type of fail making a 2 player game. Standard party size for a multiplayer fantasy games is 4. 2 is we don't want more or can’t find more, 3 is we are missing one, 5 is we are one extra, 6+ is we are playing war. If we take Golden eye and Perfect Dark as an example they were like the first well known 3D co-op games. The Single player could be played with 2 players, but there are at standstill 4 players versus. I can understand that games like Resident Evil 5 have a 2 player mode, but I really don't understand how Hunted can be just 2 players while the elder scolls fan base always asks for a multiplayer.

What are you talking about? Hunted is a 2 player Co-op game, they made it 2 players because that's how they required to, it’s not simply a single player game with an extra buddy to play, it’s a co-op game centered around two players, the combat is built from the ground up to support each other in battle and the story surrounds both characters, it is not merely a single player +1 game. Also, this has nothing to do with The Elder Scrolls series, other than the fact that Bethesda Soft works are publishing the game (which is not much considering BGS are the ones making the TES games). Just because other companies are making their games have more players in multiplayer/co-op doesn't mean InXile should or any other company for that matter.

I didn't want to say that it is like the elder scrolls, but it's simple to get to the conclusion that it's the long awaited action adventure/RPG with multiplayer. I have understood that it's a 2 player co-op game. So it's scripted like the entire movie like singleplayergames for 2 players. What I am criticizing is that it is just for 2 players. The only game to have pulled off 4 player co-op well was borderlands. Have you considered playing it in two groups in the similar room and see which group can work together best to get through the content faster?

That’s not playing co-op that's playing versus and there are like thousands of versus games out there. InXile wants it to be 2 player and we want it to be 4 player. Just sharing my opinion, a cook that is not at all criticized will think his meals are perfect and might lose all his customers because of it. So criticism should all the time be welcome. I see hunted as a truly good game with a lot wasted potential. Well we have unhappily got no choice to wait for another game.

It’s a little funny you are saying that 4 player’s co-op is the obvious choice since I can’t remember any decent 4 player coop game that came out in the past 4 years besides Gear of war. Every other co-op game I can think of is 2 players. From akne and lynch, army of two, portal 2, Lara croft and guardian of light, fable 3, nope. No good 4 player co-op games I can think of here. As well, criticizing those for creating a game for 2 players is like criticizing basketball to just having 10. Its how the game was built. Add too many players and it will ruin it. Take players and it worse at rest.

If you wish a high amount of players and at a standstill want to play an action RPG, there are already some Asian titles released that manage to get this done. But the challenges in these games are only the right use of skills and the coordination of the mass of players. You can forget about setting up lots of puzzles if there are more than just a few players. And not to mention the difficulty of telling a deep story while there's a whole bunch of players wanting to skip scenes they have previously seen. This is really annoying for starters or people who really enjoy the scenes every time they see them.