Thread: Unable to play music on PS3 while playing games

Unable to play music on PS3 while playing games

My uncle gifted me a PS3 last month on my birthday. It was the thing that I was waiting for. I like to games a lot. I used to play games in my PC but after I got PS3 then I only play games in my PS3. I wanted to play music while I am playing games in my PS3 but I came across issue while doing so. It was not allowing me to play music simultaneously while playing games. I was able to play music when I not playing games. I tried a lot to solve the issue but failed to do that. Is anyone aware about such issues? If yes then please let me know about it.

Re: Unable to play music on PS3 while playing games

It we would pleasure to help you to overcome your issue. Actually I don’t possess a PS3 so I don’t know how it exactly functions. I am having a PC and I use that for both gaming and music. I don’t think that the issue that you have noticed is complicated since I am not much used to PS3 so I won’t be able to solve your issue. I won’t be able to guide you the proper steps to solve the issue. I think you need to consult some else this time to solve your issue.

I also possess a PS3 and I am being using that from last one year. PS3 is quite a good gaming console Sony has come up with. According to me it is not possible to play music while you are playing games in PS3. I did not find options in Need for Speed or Call of Duty to play music from the library to hear while gaming. I suppose that Sony will introduce this facility in the games that will be coming in the future. I heard from someone that 8 processors PS3 can do multi-tasking. This is my opinion regarding your issue.

It is possible to play music while playing games n PS3. Previously many people discussed such issues with me and I helped them to solve the issue. To play music you need to perform some steps that are mentioned as follows:
    Go to Music press -> select the song that you want to play -> after selecting press the R3 button -> finally return to your game. After performing these steps you will be able to hear the music that you want while playing games.

It is an interesting that you have posted and I will surely try to provide you the simplest solution to solve the issue. To play music while playing games is not a complex task. I think you do not possess much information about PS3 that can be reason you are facing this issue complicated. I think that the firmware in your PS3 does not support that so updating the firmware can fix the issue. The new firmware will definitely include the option to play music while playing games. Try this solution and tell me about the consequences.

Previously I had also consulted a professional to help me to overcome the issue but he was not aware about such issue so he could not help me out. After that I read your post and I also performed all the steps that were mentioned by you and it was successful to solve my issue. The firmware installed in my system was not having the option for playing music so I updated my firmware and my issue was solved. I appreciate your suggestions, without your guidance it was not possible to overcome the issue.