Thread: Grand Theft Auto IV does not appear full screen?

Grand Theft Auto IV does not appear full screen?

I have a laptop with the following configuration: 4 GB RAM , 1 GB graphic card & i5 processor. I have installed windows 7 home basic as my operating system. I recently installed GTA IV on my laptop and I am facing a lot of problems while playing it. When I start the game, it does not appear in full screen. It by default sets a small screen size which is smaller as compared to the original full size of the laptop. Then when I try to save the game, it does not let me do it and hence I have to play it again and again. All my saved data is lost due to this. An error pops up which says log on to the rockstar website. Please help me with this problem.

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV does not appear full screen?

For full screen problem refer to the following solution: When you start the game, press alt + enter key to enable the game to view as full screen. For saving the game follow the following procedure: Create an offline profile in the rockstar games website. You don’t have to register for that. Skip the login procedure. Then go to "Games for Windows Live account" by pressing the "Home" key on your keyboard. There you will find an option naming “create online profile”, click on that. Then once you have created your offline profile, you can easily save your games.

If you are not able to deal with the problem by the above suggestion, you can try the following suggestion: You can right click on the desktop, and then click on properties. The properties window will appear. You can change the resolution in order to deal with the full screen problem. The other way is that, you can click on the “Settings” option, where in you will find an “Advanced” option. There you can make changes in the Display of your screen resolution.

You can also deal with this problem by making changes in the game setting. When you start the game, go to Settings, and then go to Display. There you have to make the following changes: You have to set the Draw Distance to full. Set Frame Limiter as Off. Set the Widescreen as On. Set Visual FX Quality as Very High. Set Mip Mapping as On. Set Anti Aliasing as 3. And finally, set the Resolution as 1680 x 1050 x 32. By making the following changes you should be able to view your game in full screen, as it worked for me.