Thread: FEAR 3: AI allies

FEAR 3: AI allies

I cannot start to illustrate how irritating it is while you have a supposed "team" in a game that then does eff all. I am unaided among games friends in this but I discover having AI supporting blaze in levels - even if they bite the bullet- is an extraordinarily good thing. It lends verisimilitude to the gameplay, making you sense like you are in fact implicated in a realistic combat situation, because you aren't just one guy on your own, and many of my preferred levels on games are levels where you have AI support for big chunks of it.

Re: FEAR 3: AI allies

One basis I rate the Expansions as greatly as I do is that in them, AI characters in fact get up off their arses and fire things that's killing at them (Holiday in removal Point and the another FEAR team in Perseus Mandate, for those who don't know), and I discover it to be one of the many saving features of the or else inferior (by contrast to the unique game) FEAR 2 which it has AI characters that actually shoot, plus obviously the decent enemies, weaponry and the magnificent Terry Halford (not at all mind the cooperation, over bright, non creepy atmosphere, the over-short campaign, lack of reference.

It might look odd to you that I like AI allies in FEAR, while FEAR is all about being alone and frightened shitless. But having allies running just about in one or two levels is A) welcome relief from the inexorable monsters and Alma, B) Verisimilitude, C) a possibility to hear somebody else be frightened shitless and make funny comments (prompt creepy phone call and ok. from Holiday) and best of all, be killed dreadfully, adding to the moving investment of the usefully experience.

I know what you mean. I for myself establish FEAR's persistence on using very artificial ways of making you a 'one man army' to be pretty annoying. The FEAR Team agitated seeming like ineffective, lazy slags, while Becket's team was hardly any better. But you won't have any gracious AI in FEAR 3. You are wholly on your own. At a standstill, there's a new FEAR Team running around the city, I speculate if the Point Man will ever come across these characters all through the course of the story.

I think it's because the AI in fact wagged. FEAR drives a vast horn regarding how amazing its middling artificial intelligence is, and as it turns out the AI becomes completely puzzled while fighting against something that's not the player. For evidence, seem at how dim the ATC guards get during the one moment you notice them fighting Replicas. As well, they customized the story so as to make the character more unique and isolated.

That was the basis of my Perseus Mandate caricature, too. But no, we are meant to see FEAR as "1337", a step over the Delta Force. The initial game botched at that, but FEAR 3's remedying it by having 4 capable FEAR soldiers in Multiplayer. And no, I think Jankowski's not coming back. It's a disgrace, because I would in fact like to know what occurred to him. From what I comprehend, he's as 'dead' as Keegan was, and as Becket could kill Keegan I think Spen might at a standstill be alive.

Do you think it's a twist of fate to be railing against the lack of AI allies in the initial FEAR, and the not have of a scary ambiance in FEAR2? I establish the relative lack of; separation in FEAR 2 compared to the primary game impacted the scare thing at lot of significant moments. Mind you I did discover the expansions scary in places, so I guess it's a query of just utilizing AI allies at the right time. I favor if they can die in standard combat. Though I guess while they are main characters that are not frequently practical.