Thread: Zynga poker personal responsibility and poker chip Giveaways.

Zynga poker personal responsibility and poker chip Giveaways.

I am arriving at the opinion that lost, stolen, missing and hacked," chips should be at the expense of the user. There are hundreds of posts weekly about people who have given up their personal information and expect someone else to take care of it for them. Personal security is one's own responsibility. If people didn't get greedy and gullible and had to be accountable for their actions, perhaps the logjam that is support would be freed, we would actually get support when we need it, and we could get back to the business of playing and talking about poker.

Re: Zynga poker personal responsibility and poker chip Giveaways.

Well, yes. I agree mostly there's always one in every crowd but unsophisticated computer users players do not have, as has been shown, the same awareness or knowledge that others do, and because the scams are using the official logo's of the company, even fluent speakers of the main language on here, are known to be taken in. So, yes, people should be aware that the protection of their personal details rests with them; as Star has helpfully pointed out, there are certain basic steps that should be taken by the user in regards to firewalls, anti-virus, and malware programs.

I have no firm data but I do suspect that scam websites, when brought to the attention of Zynga, are dealt with by them. Anyone here know that? The scam warning message that appeared when a user logged on seems to have been discarded to allow the e-mail reminder notifications to be added. I think that was a backward step. Knowing that phishers and scammers are such a huge problem, I think Zynga should be more active in the protection of all their users. (They may well be and I'm not disputing that) Whether they have a 'duty of care' obligation to us, I couldn't say. It would be nice to think so, though

I did notice, though, the new no buying selling in the call box area of the poker table, so I'm wondering if that couldn't be replaced or alternated with "we will never ask for your password, only log in at zynga.com" thingy. I think that would be much more valuable use of resources than start a challenge, play a friend's challenge. Of course, now we have to deal with zyn.ga.com and I think that's the biggest travesty of all. Sub domains are much easier to handle than multiple web sites. Why are so very many losses 50, 100 million and more? How do people get his many chips anyway? Never mind. Don't answer that question. The way they're getting them may well lead to their loss, as well.

Ignorance is not the same as aware. From an early age you learn what is considered 'right' and 'wrong'. With a computer, most users have not had that in-depth immersion in the rules and concepts that govern the society they are a part of. Driving a car and computer usage are not the same. Legally, you have to take lessons, pass a competence test and have a basic knowledge. Before you are let loose you have to demonstrate basic understanding and skill with the vehicle controls and the laws that govern such usage of a motor vehicle. And the roads are still ruddy lethal even for experienced drivers.

Zynga has done this before. After advising all its Farmville members to stop joining groups promising this that or the other thing, they created a page solely for green eggs. That is the type of irresponsibility I would like to see stopped. I think that Zynga could improve in that area of responsibility, but this chip thing. Not only do we have numerous complaints on the forums each and every day, but then we have the complaints that Zynga isn't responding fast enough. Let's put the support back in support; hire somebody to thank people for helping to take down phishing sites, and give them their original thousand chips back and done