Thread: Control schemes for Fear 3

Control schemes for Fear 3

I think this is the correct place to ask questions like this, I know the Xbox 360 isn’t the rising platform of the game; and it is simply getting ported to the system later than development; but I couldn’t help but recommend that there should be a control customization menu in FEAR 3. I just loved the controls in fear, and fear files, so of course while I picked up fear 2 I had countless re-learning to do. What’s your opinion on this? What you all say about the control scheme of Fear 3?

Re: Control schemes for Fear 3

It really disappointed me about the game at first and I would barely ever play it; but then I started playing it more and more and finally got used to the control scheme of fear 2. Except to this day I never use health packs in fear 2. (I have been playing Fear 2 plenty about six months later than it came out) It simply feels aberrant to have the Y button be the map key, and the health pack is on the D-pad. I don’t wish to have to stop running or walking while I am utilizing a health packs.

I have the same opinion with you. The PS3 versions of the initial two FEAR games utilize the L2 and R2 buttons to aim and fire. Well the FEAR 1 had you click the right stick to aim. When they are at a standstill playable, I favor utilizing R1. That is a different good reason. I all the time discover while I am playing ps3 the shoot button differs between L1 and L2; it would be good for them to let us select which control scheme we required fire to be.

I guess the majority all pc games are modifiable. I just play console games, so I can surly see where you’re coming from in an environment where all your control schemes are adaptable. Now just if the developers will pay attention to us and place this in. I especially concur with your point regarding first person shooter control schemes, as what you can accomplish in them doesn’t in fact vary over from game to game. Up till now while you switch to a new game you have to re-learn the novel button positions for a variety of abilities.

I play PS3 and as well wish so I can modify the button layout. Truly hate it while a game doesn't utilize R2 and L2 to fire with in games and don't allow me alter it either. I don't game on console, but I only needed to chip in something actual quick. It would be great if we could utilize assured keys for the similar thing, based on the background. For instance, if we are looking down a range, we could utilize the mouse wheel to boost the zoom, and while we are not looking via it, we could utilize it to switch weapons (like you generally can.)

I speculate if somebody from the development team could respond this question for us. Could this perhaps be built-in in Fear 3, the whole thing aside, gameplay is a quite huge factor in the achievement of a game. When playing Fear on Xbox live and discussing to a few of the people that at a standstill play it, one of the queries I all the time ask is "do you guys play Fear 2 by any means?" While playing Fear 2 I ask the similar question concerning Fear.