Thread: How to make old games look crisp and clear

How to make old games look crisp and clear

Hi friends, i am a pc gamer but apart from all the new games available I like to play old games in which high resolution mode is not available that is ok with a low resolution LCD, but when it comes to a high resolution LCD no one likes looking at a tiny window that fits in a corner. There is also no high resolution mode available for old games there is eyestrain looking at teeny sprites and teeny-tiny text. I am having a lot of problem with it, so what can I do? There might be some solution for it so please help me out

Re: How to make old games look crisp and clear

One solution for your problem is to use the video mode in Direct3D mode as Direct3D is a Microsoft API which recent video cards support. Direct3D allows applications to run full screen instead of embedded in a window .While installing the game if it is prompting you about needing it, then there might be a problem that your graphics adapter doesn't support it, or you are not having DirectX installed in your computer. Then you will have to install DirectX which is freely available on from Microsoft now a day’s most games require it and some of them also provide with the DirectX version with the game installation

Hi, I am also a PC gamer just like you and my favorite titles are a few years old, and now they have started to show signs of ageing. But now there is not a problem at all you can use ENB series of mods Some of you may already be using them in games like, Vice City, Oblivion if you have never heared of them before there is not a problem at all you can try it now. You can add there mods to your games to improve lighting of the game and it may also improve the graphics of the games making it clearer and reducing the strain on your eyes. You can get the mods from here (make click here) here you can find ENB mods of different games available

Hi, I have seen that mostly in all computer games take over the whole screen when you play .you can play most of them in a window mode, now with window mode it is easier to play games in a window of your desktop. This is widely useful for widescreen monitors
    Here is how you can so it:-
    1. Find the shortcut for the game you want to play in windowed mode instead of full screen.
    2. Right click on the shortcut, select Properties.
    3. In the Target field add: -window at the end.
    4. Click OK.
    Note:- Not all the games can be played in windows mode, delete the window if you want to play the game in full screen mode