Thread: Zynga poker : Irresponsible poker players

Zynga poker : Irresponsible poker players

I would love it if Zynga would add a section of tables where players cannot go "ALL IN" before the flop. I am SO tired of every single table, having players who know nothing about playing poker, who just come in there and throw all their money in before the cards are even dealt. It really takes the fun out of poker for me because I refuse to give these people my chips without them working for them. I have nothing against big betting and I do it myself but I prefer to play poker as it was intended as a thinking game of luck and skill.

Re: Zynga poker : Irresponsible poker players

I agree and sympathize with you. Although, you would probably find those kinds of people at the real tables as well, unfortunately. I don't think there's much that can be done except to continue folding your hand and ignoring their chip requests. Zynga just needs some 50BB/200BB min/max tables. Players play less stupid poker when they are not 10BB short stacks. It has gotten to the point where I don't even enjoy playing anymore unless I can find a table where there is a group of adults who are playing poker the way it was intended to be played.

I just laugh at them, not once in the hundreds of times I have seen it done in Shootouts have I ever seen the all in before the flop, work in the favor of the first person to all in. I just fold and let the morons exit unless I am holding a pair faces or aces in the pocket. But what irritates me even more is when these same players, continually go ALL IN, and when they lose all their money, come to me begging for chips. Well idiots, if you'd play like you're supposed to play, maybe you would have some chips left and not have to go around from table to table begging people for chips.

Well, we can't all be poker wizards I suppose. I think part of it is that it's only play money and the chips are relatively easy to come by, so some people don't really care I'm sure. One of the more obvious suggestions to be made to people who hate playing against bad players is to move up in stakes. Yes, we could lobby for rule changes such as turning this game from a form of no limit holdem into a form of limit holdem, for example but in the meantime it has to be a "learn to deal with it" type of mentality otherwise poker maybe isn't your cup of tea.

The point isn't about being a poker wizard. It's about enjoying a simple game of cards with others of the same mind. Yes, it's 'play' money and there are people who don't care. The style of play being complained about is their version of 'fun' and they are doing nothing wrong, within the rules of the game, by using that style. You can either play them or not, your choice. I will point out, from observation, that players who do use that style do not get maximum advantage from their cards, because of others folding theirs. They may get as little as 10% of possible bets, because of their rashness. It's still ruddy annoying to those who want to finesse an opponent at the table rather than bludgeon them into submission or defeat.

Moving up in stakes doesn't help as reports are that you still have the same type of player however high you go. With the added downside of chip beggars, too. Like you, and many others, I don't agree with changing present version into 'Pot Limit', though if they did introduce that as an additional game, it would be welcomed by others. There will always be the 'bingo' players in the game and I don't really see how you could stop them from playing that way when the game structure allows them to. You will always get rants about them, too, and the same reasoning applies.