Thread: Unable to save control of Dirt 3 game on my pc

Unable to save control of Dirt 3 game on my pc

Hello guys I am using windows 7 64 bit. And I bought dirt 3 retail boxed copy. And I am running Fanatec ClubSport pedals in the company of Logitech G27 wheel (using paddle shifters). All time I establish the game I comprise to remap my controls because they go back on the way to the keyboard defaults - it's somewhat annoying. I am totally frustrate with this please help me to solve this issue. I am waiting for your huge response. All replies are appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Unable to save control of Dirt 3 game on my pc

I have the same problem. PC vers Dirt3 in the company of ECCI wheel and CST pedals. Wheel works 100%, but cannot save the configuration. You would think this would be proof? Every time I play I have to re-assign all settings. Interestingly some of the options as manual save? All time I start a fresh race it has elapsed all me button allocations & I comprise to go back to default or locate them every up another time. So are the parameters of force feedback. But others return to the keyboard settings and lose custom bindings wheel.

When you start dirt 3, the game looks at what driver is used, so that pressing the keyboard to move the opening scenes and load the profile, the game thinks you want to use the keyboard for the race too! Rather silly and stupid, but good. That's how consoles work and what PC users are stuck with the same system. When the game starts, be sure to use the buttons on the steering wheel to reach the main menu! (Just press any button on the steering wheel until you see the game reacts to it: that is the 'Start'-button you will use in the future). Thereafter you can use the keyboard to navigate menus.

I realized the XML file is set to Read Only. I tried to uncheck that, but no joy. There is even an XML file for my wheel and Windows 7, which seems to have a default set up. The game remembers that I am involved manual, the configuration of my criticism, but it resets my dead zones and controls. It’s actually annoying. Tried in the game to pause and remove the wheel with it in some vain hope that something be registered, but again, nothing.

The game will not save my control settings each time you exit the game. I map my own controls for my X360 controller. As others have noted, I have to assign control over every time you restart the game slowly driving me insane. I'm using a USB cable for Xbox 360 for Windows with Windows 7 64 bit. I tried two different drivers that work well for the Dirt 2 and any other game I have, but restores the dirt 3 to keyboard every time you load the game. None of the buttons on each controller of "Home" game on that screen.

When the game is installed there is an option to enable or disable auto-saving. I have mine on; I have no trouble saving control settings and no problem saving the game progress. Go to Options and then select the profile configuration profile and click Edit Profile and check if auto-saving is active. Or save your profile manually before leaving the game. AutoSave may not be the problem. You need to take care that the game really completes an autosave before leaving. Look for that stuff triangle in the lower right corner.

fabian28 Guest

Sorry, I'm from Uruguay, I have the same problem with DiRT3, the game does not save the configuration of the wheel, hopefully you can find a solution, sorry for the orthography, Goole Translator.

I realized the XML file is set to Read Only. I tried to uncheck that, but no joy. There is even an XML file for my wheel and Windows 7, which seems to have a default set up. The game remembers that I am involved manual, the configuration of my criticism, but it resets my dead zones and controls. It’s actually annoying. Tried in the game to pause and remove the wheel with it in some vain hope that something be registered, but again, nothing.
    have you tried the above solution if not then better do it because it worked for me and I am sure that it will surely work for you also.

The above solution works well for the G27 in my system. Just be a bit smarter than the buttons. In Annex H-shifter is a "d-pad" the 4 buttons "UP" which act as direction-finding buttons similar to an X-Box 360 pad. Use the bottom as "START / ENTER." When loading the game. And to go beyond the intro movies. Once in the menu of your home for free. Wheel configuration remains, you can use the keyboard also act. I guess the time using one of the "lists and support" drivers, a small button mashing in the beginning you might get some knowledge.