Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 27-05-2011

GTA vice City Save game Disappeared

Hello, last one month I have playing Vice City video game and last week I completed one mission in this game and saved it on the system. Now when I try to open this mission file then it disappeared from the system. I want to play this game on that mission point. Is there any way to find out the saved mission file? Then if anyone having the experience about this trouble then please share your own thoughts. Any type of help will be appreciates.
Old 27-05-2011

Re: GTA vice City Save game Disappeared

This kind of files sometimes present in the user folder. Then just check the directory and it will helps to open the mission file in the vice city PC game. Normally in windows XP, the locations of the user folder are to be /usr/local/games/. Then check this folder and it may be possible that the file is to be hidden. Then use the dot operator before the file name and then try to open the hidden mission file. The hidden directory and files always start with a dot operator as a first character. Then check the file is present in that folder or not. It helps you to solve the trouble.
Old 27-05-2011

Normally when we install the game on the windows based operating system then the copy of the game folder is created on the My Documents folder. This folder actually contains the temporary files such as saved game, missions, levels and so on. Then I think the saved mission file is present in that My Document/GTAViceCity User files/ folder. Then you need to check the saved file is present on that folder or not. If it is not present then the file is lost. Otherwise the file is to be definitely appears on the game.
Old 27-05-2011

I also faced the same kind of trouble and I found the main reason behind this issue. I have been saved the mission of the game in the system. Then after few days, I moved this game folder from one locations to the other. Then now when I try to open the mission file in the installed game then it disappeared. Hence, again I have done the removing files to its original locations. This will work and the trouble is solved from the system.
Old 28-05-2011

In Ubuntu there is one command that helps to solve this trouble. Most of the time this kind of troubles indicated in the system because unknown user may be handles improperly the saved files of the game. Then the files are to be crashed or it is to be moved on the other directory. If the files are moved to the other directory then needs to move it to the original position. If the files are crashed then there is necessary to repair that files. This will helps to solve the disappeared problem of the game.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , , , ,