Thread: "No STEAM" Button not working in Portal 2

"No STEAM" Button not working in Portal 2

I have used up over last one week, I bought Portal 2 copy on the web site and it doesn’t gives any error at the time of installation. Yesterday, I done re installation in the system and that time i done re installion of the portal 2 game. i install this game on windows XP OS. When I boot up this portal 2 video game through Steam it load without any error but, after that it gives some issue. The 2 buttons work in the game. After click the first button it shows "NO STEAM" and the remaining processes is not work. The second button directly quits the game. If anyone having the same troubles then please share your own thoughts.

re: "No STEAM" Button not working Play in Portal 2

This kind of trouble indicates that the ClientRegistry.blob file presents in the game setup are crashed. Hence this kind of unknown issues is occurred. Then the solutions to solve this trouble are removing the game and reinstall it. The main reason to remove this game, is because this file is might be corrupted and it is also possible that the other files are also corrupted. After done the uninstall game you need to use the Steam software for downloads a fresh new file which is might be helpful to solves the crisis.

If the ClientRegistry.blob file presents in the setup folder of the portal 2 game then you can also use the other solutions to solve the trouble. Most of the time this update operations is helpful to repair the corrupted files. There is no necessary to always do the reinstall process. This will take extra time and it also not suitable for always doing in reputedly. Then just use the inbuilt facility of the game and update it. This helps to solve the difficulty.

The ClientRegistry.blob AND AppUpdateStats.blob file presents in the setup folder of the portal2 game is to be corrupted and hence try to delete this ClientRegistry.blob along with AppUpdateStats.blob files into the folder. There is not necessary to do the reinstall process. This file is to be easily downloaded using the steam software. This software is used to distribute games and its related media as well as other files. Then use this software and it helps to solve the trouble.

I am also faced the same issue and I try to find this files from the setup folder of the game. But both the file is not present in that folder. Then I contact the support staff of the portal 2 game. They told me that there is necessary to do the reinstallation process. Then I done this process and now the crisis presets in the game is completely solved. I suggest you to try these solutions. This will work to solve the unconditional error messages.

I also faced the same trouble. Whenever I try to run this game as an admin, initially it gives the error. Then but later on it gives automatically solves the trouble. Then I tried to open the game into the compatibility mode. The compatibility mode of the game is specially designed for solving this kind of troubles. The reason behind that is to be most of the time after reinstallation the game gives the unconditional error message. Then the compatibility mode helps to solve the trouble.

This kind of issues are not contains the fix solutions. This trouble occurred because the setup files of the game are to be corrupted. If you try to open the .exe file and then it gives the error message. If this happens in your case, then I suggest you to don’t do this. This is the mainly happens because the exe file is already created in some other platforms and it is not suitable with the current system configurations. In this case, we need to properly install the game. This will be works most time to solve the trouble.