Thread: When are we getting deep-stack tables in Zynga Poker

When are we getting deep-stack tables in Zynga Poker

In poker the standard stack size is 100bb, but the tables here, especially at the higher stakes, are overwhelmed by short stacks who buy in with only 10bb. This is not standard poker anymore, and it's extremely irritating to players who are tired of always having to use the short-stack strategy in this game. Now it's very hard to play a standard game at the higher stakes because there is never a shortage of short stacks that would disrupt the game at your table, and it's a pain to keep avoiding them. Anyone have any idea on this?

Re: When are we getting deep-stack tables in Zynga Poker

I find it quite boring and pointless to play with just 10bb. It would be a nice change if we can play at a table where most of the players have 50bb or more. I think it's because most people here are just having fun, so they don't like to sit with 50bb as the game would be too slow for them. They are more interested in going all-in, so they generate actions by playing with small stacks. But a few players like me just wish to play a standard game where most players have 50bb or more, and it can't happen without the minimum buy-in raised.

It's an infallible way to make money for anybody who knows how to play a short stack correctly (which does involve a lot of all in moves). They can simply wait for a strong sufficient hand or the right situation and get their stack in either as a favorite or with nice enough pot odds (as blinds are a larger percentage of a 10 bb stack than a normal one), especially in multi-way pots, that even with an underdog hand it's a +EV shove. They also enjoy many fold equity by being first in with their stack. Competent players can easily make a killing (and do) by exploiting the tiny buy-in these tables allow.

As well, I was firstly on board with the 50-100BB min to stop some of this, but I now don't think it will truly work. I have been playing up on the 100k/200k and 200k/400k tables and there is at a standstill a lot of this going on there. My point is that if there are presently players willing to play bingo with 2 - 4Mil, raising the buy-in isn't going to really do much. Stopping the ratholing is the way to fix this and it is not hard to implement. They previously do a similar thing in the weekly tourn; it wouldn't be hard to roll it out to the regular tables. Once, before it was mentioned that the data to store this info would get disorderly.

I as well agree. You stated that many players bingo with 2-4mil on 200k/400k tables. Isn't that exactly 10-20bb they are playing with? And that's what I'm objecting to. I don't mind bingo players, but I don't want to all the time play with 10-20bb because I find the short-stack strategy boring. If the minimum buy-in is raised, I won't have to deal with a table full of short stacks anymore. If a few of them maintain to bingo with 50bb, then they are very welcome to do so.

I just agree with your point, but this is not about bingo players. Raising the minimum buy-in is not meant to deter bingo play; it's meant to give people a chance to play with standard stack sizes and use more than just the short-stack strategy (which boils down to finding good spots early in the hand to go all-in and do so at a high frequency). Plus I am just asking the Devs to raise the minimum buy-in for a portion of the tables, so people don't need to move down and they can still play as short stacks if they wish. And if people dare to bingo with 50-100bb, they will become any shark's dream meal.