Thread: Block Players from sending tissues in Zynga Poker

Block Players from sending tissues in Zynga Poker

I really not understand why Zynga do this. Why can't Zynga implement blocking someone else from sending you gifts like tissues? Sometimes it just gets very irritating and if we can mute out players, we certainly can shut them out! Anyone else ever get tissues in Zynga? Anyone ever experience this irritation? Anyone have any idea to stop this or only Zynga can stop this? please let me know your useful replies.

Re: Block Players from sending tissues in Zynga Poker

Players who do that are jerks trying to irritate you and put you off your game. If they're succeeding then you need to practice leaving your emotions behind when you sit at a table. 2 ways of countering that are; Ask once for them to stop, be polite. If they send again, report for harassment. Just keep replacing the tissues with whatever else you have in your items collection without acknowledging or saying anything to them. Let them waste their chips buying gifts without knowing how you react to them.

A trick I borrowed from a recent post was to type the following into your chat (type in an extra 32 spaces between NH and Dealer you might have to fiddle around with the spaces to get it right. Try it at an empty table till Dealer: lines up. Worth keeping a copy in a text file and pasting it in when needed

nh Dealer: excessive sending of tissues can lead to players being banned for Harassment.

If they fall for it, it seems to get them to tone down for a while. Let me know if this work for you.

When I get the box of tissues I either ignore it or thank the sender. Particularly the ones that have lost millions of chips. I tell them I need them to wipe away the tears because I am crying with laughter at them. I then tell them I am going to leave them on the table to remind them of all the chips they have lost. That usually winds them up. It’s all part of the game of poker. Helps push other players over the edge and gets them to tilt. As for other gifts I would love to see the return of the potato chips. It’s a great gift to give to anyone requesting chips. The bingo card is a fabulous suggestion. The all in though is a useful tactic that I employ in the right scenario. Either to scare off the opposition or to milk loose player of chips when I have a strong hand. So think I would get sent a few of those if it were added.

If we have to put up with the tissues, then at the very least we should have the bag of chips back for the beggars. I mean, seriously, we can send people poison and hookahs, but not potato chips? Where is the sense of that? The icons that offend me are the pole dancer and all the drug paraphernalia. I'd really prefer that I have the option to turn OFF gift receipt entirely, as previously and oft-suggested. The only ones I keep on the table are the flowers, and I'm willing to give them up if I can get rid of the rest.

usually just ignore the tissue senders, poker is a game of luck not of emotion

Some of the things are wrong from a moral and ethical standpoint. To an outsider Zynga condones drug use and a squalid depiction of the female. So, not the corporate image any responsible company should be presenting. Seriously, Zynga should be thinking of taking a closer look at who and where such ideas are coming from and either adjusting the viewpoint of such people, or swapping them out for some who have a better moral compass in business ethics.