Thread: Hack Missions in Brink

Hack Missions in Brink

I have noticed that on some of the hack missions it is next to impossible to complete unless the defensive team is awful, I say this because the hack speed is SUPER SLOW and the engineers defuse or unhack is super fast. So what I am suggesting is that either the time to hack should be reduced just a little, or the speed of which the engineers unhack or defuse should be slowed down big time. Anyone agree?

Re: Hack Missions in Brink

Yep, quite so, the only real problem I run into with the hacking is the shipyard mission, where the objective is so [censored] far from the offensive spawn, and the location is perfect for a solid camping effort from the defense. Everything else I find at least remotely doable, though. Put two operatives on it and the hack goes twice as fast. You can even hide one where they aren't getting full signal, and have a decoy operative standing in full signal land. I agree to some degree though. Hacking does seem to be the most time consuming and easiest to negate.

Some are simple some are hard. Shipyard is a hard one because you're simply accessible from the defender's spawn. I find the best way is to have multiple (2/3) Operatives hacking at a lower signal strength while a few Heavy Engineer/Soldier types keep them off the hack box, then if those guys go down one of the Operatives can get his gun out while the objective is at a standstill being hacked. The trick to that particular objective is to have the attackers correctly set up before making any attempt at the actual hacking. Hacking is one of the tougher objectives because A) those doing it don’t have guns B) It usually takes a while, however it's easier than a few of the Engineer fix objectives because they can't move further than 2 ft from the objective!

I play just Engi now, and when hack missions come up, I put up mines upon the approaches. Others from my clan do the similar. The trouble is that many of you think you are playing as a team while in reality you have 8 lone wolves that are close to each other. Get in a fireteam. 1 op, 2 Engi, 1 medic with self revives and down firing. Actually everybody should get down firing for the sheer amount of people who do not complete their kills leaving you to kill them in turn.

Obtain your fireteam, and get to protect every other's backs. I and my friends once came into a match on resort while won one time we got on the similar team and were able to get a foothold on the hack objective. The defending team was no slouches either. They were actually quite good. On 2 separate occasions they wiped out our whole squad. Just, the turrets and mines killed them earlier than they could get the hack boxes. It is probable to win them, but it is very hard.

Well let’s see here, the hack box is much simpler to take off than a charge man, you have to be doing something wrong? I agree with you 100% some of the missions are easy to hack but most missions where you got to do it in the begging or end is just way too hard. I don’t know man if you have 3 operatives and no medic’s one time your team dies it’s over the hack box will instantly be dropped by the engineers practically. I have attempted running two operatives with my team and we all the time got close but never succeeded especially on reactor and shipyard mostly. Lighting if you have played any scrims competitively your almost always cleared instantly and having downed fire is a huge disadvantage because you can be cleared even quicker, but I 100% agree that the hack and dehack should be the same speed; hopefully there will be some tweaks soon to make both sides fair.