Thread: Fake 'Resolution change' option in Dirt 3

Fake 'Resolution change' option in Dirt 3

I just speculated if anybody else had observed that Dirt 3 just runs in 1280x720, and after that just scales the image up/down to the resolution put in the options. As well selecting 1920x1080, it does interweave. I might too have purchased the console version. I see this on one my friends too, but he just don’t have any idea on this. Anyone here has any idea or any information on this? Please let me know if anyone gets any information on this.

Re: Fake 'Resolution change' option in Dirt 3

Here I just wish to add something in this case. Just seem at the size of the pixels. Situate the resolution to 1280x720 and after that to 1920x1080 and you will notice that the pixels are the similar size. It's the similar way that consoles work. I was hopeful that the PC version of Dirt 3 wouldn't have any slash backs; as a minimum it's not as awful as the PC version of F1 2010 that game was completely broken for many people and not at all got fixed.

Something’s not correct here, if they would upscale (like consoles perform) the pixels should not hang about the similar size they should grow in size not stay the similar. If the screen has a inhabitant resolution of 1920x1080 this means that this quantity of pixels fits on screen- now to plug this with fewer pixels (1280x720) they should produce in size to fill the missing pixels to full-HD. Possibly I acquired it all incorrect, just attempting to think rational- but I am not certain how this works.

There is no up scaling obtainable on in Dirt 3 on my system, nor is 1920 x 1080 interweaved. You do not catalog your hardware, but I would attempt a whole uninstall (clean registry and so on) and a fresh setup of graphics card drivers and take away any software which lets you to influence EDID data, graphics card settings or control your monitor hardware straight as something is skewed, but it's not DIRT 3. Onboard graphics chips could possibly cause this type of behavior, as could laptop cards/chipsets by means of system memory in place of devoted graphics memory, or budget graphics cards with inadequate memory.

Up till now the image quality does not fall while going up with the resolution. 1920x1080 is undeniably sharper than 1280x720 if you place them onto the similar screen. Non-scaled (the images are dissimilar in size) shots from both 360 and PC. hakiz.1g.fi/Dirt%303/dirt3_comp.png. To me, it seems almost uniformly good on both but the PC version definitely pushes through additional pixels. A few DX11 enhancements for example superior shadow definition can just be seen in close-ups. They are more like slight touches.