Thread: Dirt 3: Driving Force GT wheel

Dirt 3: Driving Force GT wheel

I just bought Dirt 3 for PC on Steam hoping to exploit the Driving Force GT wheel with it, on the compatibility catalog it said it would work though each time I attempt and load up the game with it I get no reply from the wheel, it isn't scheduled in the controller options anyplace it’s all up to date and connected correctly just Dirt 3 won't pick it up. Anybody else having this trouble and establish a solution? As well does anybody know any means of completely removing any trace of the Driving Force GT from my computer so I can begin with a clean install of it possibly that might fix it?

Re: Dirt 3: Driving Force GT wheel

Here I just wish to add something in this case. As I don’t have more idea on this, but once my friend also had this type of issue. So after few googling and all we just solve his problem. So, first tell me: Are you selecting 'custom preset' from the options? - It should emerge then. As well keep in mind later than starting the game again, to make certain you start the game with a button on the DFGT, or it won’t be utilized (in fact).

There is no Custom Preset in the options just Keyboard. But I thought I would attempt just mapping them using the keyboard settings and this did work, turn left was rotate wheel left, accelerate was on the right handle it all set up well but while it came to playing the game I just wasn't getting the complete experience that the DFGT can give, just felt like the game didn’t sustain it but did the finest it could do with it. It was unplayable truly as each time I necessitated to steer pause menus I necessitated to get up and go to my keyboard, flashback was the similar had to go to my keyboard and utilize the F keys to do it.

I just solve my problem. First I uninstalled the Logitech Gaming Software and re-downloaded the latest edition from Logitech's site the latest is 5.10, I previously had it installed but thought I would reinstall it anyhow. After uninstalling the software I detached the wheel from my PC after that went to start menu and entered 'regedit'. This will raise the registry editor and from there I clicked on 'Computer' at the top to make certain I would explore the complete registry. Now I pushed F3 and it brings up the search function. Enter 'Driving Force' in to the search box and push enter, now it will search the registry for any matches one time it establish one I just clicked Del on the keyboard and enter to remove it, I did this for each entry there was some I couldn't remove but I just left them and in any case of it I removed around 20 entries. I after that plugged the Logitech DFGT back into the PC and it picked it up after that installed the software 5.10 and clicked to load up Dirt 3 as of steam and it was all functioning.

To the extent that am conscious DFGT is not supported at all in Dirt 2, there was a method posted around on google to depart into the registry and alter all entries of Driving Force GT to Driving Force Pro as Dirt 2 is supported by the DFPro however I establish this to not work that immense so I wouldn't suggest it. Later than I reset mine and it started functioning on Dirt 3 I went back to attempt Dirt 2 and not anything occurred so yeah unhappily no Dirt 2 support.

odd circumstance for my problem. I have a monitor connected via dvi-d and a home theater via hdmi (denon receiver and mitsubishi dlp). I installed the latest logitech dfgt driver (as I was getting tired of remapping the controls for the wheel every time I started the game) and the game would no longer launch successfully. uninstalled the logitech driver to no avail. had to have the denon receiver turned on to launch the game successfully, fine, I guess, now that I know that.
    now I would like to map the start and pause (center post) buttons to eliminate the need for a keyboard and mouse, but I do not think that's going to happen as the options are greyed out??

win7, ati 5770, i7 920

yes that can certainly not be a possibility if you continue to do such changes. well with the logitech Dfgt make sure that you have installed the necessary the pc compatible software in it might be the two options that are missing can be a reason behind it. Check out in the logitech website and install it from there. So that's my necessary suggestion for you, do work on it and let me know whether this suggestion was beneficial for you.

I had exact similar trouble can’t memorize if it was for d2 or grid but I had regedit my Driving Force GT>Driving force pro. While I installed D3 it didn’t lift up the driving force GT (Pro), though test bugs unlimeted2 did, later than remembering the regedit tips I as well removed d3 and all folders, my docs (games\dirt3) and in steam (steamapps\common\dirt3 or program files\Codemasters\dirt3) uninstalled the logical gaming software and after that went to devices and printers and removed the controller itself. After that I ran the search for "Driving Force" in registry and removed each entry I could (that had had driving force) and after that rebooted my system.