Thread: Stop the ALL IN continually in Zynga Poker

Stop the ALL IN continually in Zynga Poker

In almost each table, there is all the time a person going all in every single hand. It ruins the complete point of poker and it really frustrates me. I can't enjoy a single game. Some people have barely any chips and they think it is just ok to come in a game and go all in. That's why there are daily chips. What I am asking is to set up a system to detect an abnormal amount or abnormal reason to go all in.What’s your suggestion on this?

Re: Stop the ALL IN continually in Zynga Poker

Here I must say something in this case. It’s a part of the game, but it's just too ludicrous at Zynga. These days I have to fold preflop much more frequently and it's just plain boring. The bigger trouble is when I call; I generally have to put in at least 10bb, which is usually beyond my comfort level. I guarantee this trouble will be alleviated (though not eliminated) if some (not all) tables require players to purchase in with 50bb, not 10bb.

I see this plenty also, generally in the tourneys. It is unlucky but if you watch the program, it rewards that kind of mindless betting. Just came out of a rd. 3 where a level 3 with less than 10,000 chips is just capable of going all in with the worst hole cards, and for some odd reason he won like 10 hands in a row. Only on Zynga does this occur. I finished second to this poker whiz. And I am not sore loser, but it’s hard not to say something about this about this abnormality. This kind of thing happens here nowhere else I play, real cards or money sites.

An alternative may be to make a few tables, maybe a pair of tables for every stake, with Pot Limit Hold'em rules preflop and standard No Limit Hold'em rules postflop. This type of mixed rules is not of my invention, it's used even by pros in some circumstances. It would be equally good to have a few tables with Pot Limit Hold'em rules (preflop and postflop). The idea is not as good as raising the minimum buy in for a few tables but it would work for certain since the all in would be forbidden except it's below the limits of betting.

I am here on this forum from much time and I see many threads. I have suggested that in here before, and I think it's an excellent way to control the bingo clowns. My suggestion was for a dedicated server, called "Pot Limit Ante" or some such thing, where every table at every stake has this feature: 5BB limit on the ante; after that, back to No Limit. I predict it will quickly become the most popular server on the site.

The term "cash games" is not invented by us, its standard for poker games with fixed blinds (yes, "regular tables with free chips"). I think that raising the min buy in would be the best idea. If not possible the idea of putting Pot Limit Rules preflop is good. In my opinion, limitation the raises up to 5BB at preflop is way too imitating, Pot Limit limitates the battings (that's what we want, so bingo players can't push a big all in directly in a small pot) but doesn't limitates too much because the limits are decided on the basis of the pot, so, when the pot is big enough, it would be allowed (and it would make sense) to push all in preflop.

Play at a different table or accept its part of the game. You all seem to refer this to real poker. When you’re playing with make believe money it's always going to happen, as there is no fear of loss. If you don't want to all in at the levels there doing then reduce the table size to a smaller buy in and do the same. If I remember correctly there is a weekly competition as the core of this app that is based on largest pot size between friends which would be null and void if they did your suggestion. They are incentivizing this behavior, so learn how to run with it.