Thread: DirectX 11 support in Dirt 3?

DirectX 11 support in Dirt 3?

Well we know that the Dirt 3 is released recently. I want to know whether the Dirt 3 is having support for the DirectX 11. So tell me whether this particular game is having support for the DirectX 11. Let me know if you are aware of anything which would be useful to get the requirement of mine. any speculation on this particular matter would be highly appreciated.

Re: DirectX 11 support in Dirt 3?

Everything is dependent on the game engine and I have found that the developer of the game would have made some visual improvement into the game engine. I am thinking that the it might take some more better look and feel than that of the Dirt 2. After having support for the DirectX 11 I have noticed that the game have made the modeling of the game quite realistic. You will have the high resolution texture while playing the game on the system of yours.

I have come to know that it seems to enhanced. However Dirt 2 is seems to be enhanced for the DirectX11. I have noticed that they have just improved the water in the game. but it did not make any sense because you will not be able to see anything in the game when you are driving the car at really high speed. So you will not be able to see anything at that particular moment of time. There would be no difference in the situation.

I think following thing would be available if there is support for the DirectX 11 in the game.
    • DirectCompute accelerated SSAO
    • You will have hardware instanced crowd. The crowd would be more dense in the game after introducing of the DircetX 11 support in the game.
    • There would be 16 bit floating point precision in the HDR however you will have 10 bit precision into the DircetX 9.

I am hoping that the developer of the game would provide support for the DirectX 11. They should stamp out the bugs for the DX support. I have found number of gamers who are not running the Dirt2 into the DirectX 11 mode. The game is seems to be lock up after playing 4 or 5 maps continuously. So I am hoping that developer would provide trouble free support for the DirectX 11 in the Dirt 3.

Yes I have found that the Dirt 3 is having support for the DirectX 11. However I am hoping that the developer of the game would provide stable version of the game so that we would not have the trouble which was being faced into the previous version of the game that is Dirt 2. I am looking forward for the release of the same from the developer end of this particular point.