Thread: Zynga Poker disconnected unexpectedly

Zynga Poker disconnected unexpectedly

While playing on my PC, connected thru Facebook I get these disconnections, often! This is very annoying, especially while I have a good hand and get folded because of disconnections. I asked Zynga to solve this; all I got was an advice to clear my cache! This does not help at all! My connection works perfectly with other online game platforms. I have a DSL 5000 Kbit download connection - quite fast. And it does not make any dissimilarity whether I play on my brand new PC with Windows Vista 64bit (1TB and 8GB RAM) or on the older notebook with XP! I as well attempt with stopped firewall/antivirus - similar effect!

Re: Zynga Poker disconnected unexpectedly

Somebody posted in one of the other threads on this topic a link to the amount of memory that every game can cache in flash player, I will have a seem later and see if I can find it again, I simply increased that from 10k to 1 Meg and haven’t had the trouble since. It could as well be caused by having lots of Facebook friends I have heard that people with thousands of Facebook friends experience more crashes.

It could as well be either your router or your internet connection dropping packets, this would not be noticeable on the majority websites but the poker app is sending and receiving data all the time and a few dropped packets can cause big troubles. Check all your data cables are firmly inserted. Best practice is to have the router plugged into your master phone socket in the house and to not utilize phone extension cables. If you need your pc to be a distance away from the main phone socket then buy a 10meter (or whatever is the accurate distance) cat5e or cat6patch cable from a pc supplies shop. You can also try replacing the master phone socket faceplate with a higher spec version if you are confident with wiring up sockets. If you still have troubles then you could ask your phone company to turn up the gain levels on your line to maintain a better connection.

I searched through the many threads but could not discover any with similar ones. Data cables are all well inserted! Router is plugged into master phone socket! OK, my router is not the newest but I not at all face troubles with other apps or even Multiplayer Games over LAN, all perfect! And what surprises me most, is, that while I play Poker over my WLAN on my iPhone, I never get disconnected. I have a try with increasing the cache in Flash player, good hint. I will let you know the outcome!

Here I have one question: If I do disconnect, is there any way to just refresh the table you are sitting at, without actually refreshing the entire browser page? There have been quite a few times that I'm doing well in a tournament game, and d/c. After staring at a frozen poker table for a minute or two, I refresh the page and get kicked back out to the tourney lobby, with no way that I can see to get back to the table I was playing at. It's basically game over.