Thread: Black screen while playing Dirt 3

Black screen while playing Dirt 3

Well I have installed Dirt 3 on the computer of mine. I really loved the look and feel of this particular game. from today morning I have noticed that the game is seems to be freezing while playing. Well I have found that the screen of the game is turning into black and green. I am unable to find out whether there is a hardware issue or there is an issue with the game itself. Let me know if you are having any specific solution to solve the matter of mine.

Re: Black screen while playing Dirt 3

It seems to be really difficult to find out the root cause of the problem. I want to know which operating system do you have installed on the computer? From when you are getting above mentioned issue? Do you getting any error message on the screen? Let me know about the hardware configuration of the computer of yours? Do you have installed all the drivers on the computer? answer the above mentioned questions as early possible into the next post of yours so that I can let you know about the possible steps to troubleshoot the problem.

Well I am not sure but there is something wrong with the config file of this particular game. you need to browse to the following location on the computer of yours.
    Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dirt 3\system\hardware_settings_config.xml
    Once you have move to the above mentioned location you should simply delete the hardware_settings_config.xml file from the computer. after doing the same you should try to play the game and I am sure that the issue will not persist.

I was having the same problem which you have mentioned over here. Well I have removed the config file from the computer of mine and rebuilded the same with the antiailising to the maximum of 8x in the game. after doing the same I have solved the matter of mine. well I let you know that you will have the config file at the same folder where you have saved the game file of the yours. I am hoping that it would be helpful to you.

I have seen number of people who are having the same problem like you. Well I am suggesting that you should uninstall the entire game from the computer of yours and then you should simply reboot the system. After rebooting the system you should try to install the game on the computer. once you have completed with the installation of the game you should try to play the game and see whether you are having the issue.

Such kind of issue which you have mentioned over here is happening due to out of dated graphic card drivers. Well I recommend that you should simply visit the official website of the graphic card manufacturer and look for the latest version of the driver. Once you have found the same you should download and installed the same on the computer. after installing the drivers you should reboot the computer.

I think there is a programming bug into the code of the game. so I am suggesting that you should simply contact the developer of the game and file a bug report. While filing the bug report you should provide the information regarding the computer configuration of yours and information regarding the problem which you are having while playing the game. once the developer have fixed the bug they will release the patch immediately which you can use to resolve the matter.