Thread: Dynamic weather system for dirt 3

Dynamic weather system for dirt 3

I heard about the new dynamic weather system for dirt 3 and I'm very excited about it. I wonder if it's just dynamic. One of my favorite things about Dirt2 was the car on any track from any wrapping. I wonder what dirt3 allow any time on any track. Will we be able to play a track in the snow LOW? If this is the case, WOW. This only made the list small dirt track 2s much more robust. Knowing the turns are one thing, but knowing every turn on every track in all different weather scenarios take long.

Re: Dynamic weather system for dirt 3

I doubt that is dynamic. Probably there will be snow / rain / fog stages but will not be able to run in sunny (for example), or stages of sunshine in the rain and fog, etc, but it at least be able to run in rain and snow stages is amazing coming from Codies, something that did not take no more and no less than two games to do so. It was about time I mean. So many lessons to learn from Project Gotham Codies 4 know, too much for them, I guess.

In my view for the time to be truly dynamic conditions of the road surface would have to change or else it is all for looks / atmosphere and not gameplay. So if you have a track that will be designated as an area of snow as Finland then I guess the issue would be covered in snow. But if the snow that falls does not affect the track surface and therefore the handling of the car what is the dynamic weather. It is equally well be events script. If it is truly dynamic and dry courses can be wet and slippery by the rain then I see no reason why snow cannot accumulate in a dessert course, if the options were available for any time at any track.

Dynamic time for me: the weather can range, for example light rain to heavy rain or snow storm, light to heavy snow, etc, at any time. What was once in a previous race, a dry part of the road is now a large pool and vice versa. That would make every type of race at random. Given the dynamic weather system in F1, I would say that going to be spectacular. It shall contain the snow / hail that would epic. Dynamic weather, it’s not only being able to pick what time you want to track.

Actually, I prefer the realism of dynamic weather than what the OP is talking about, which is just being able to select any time by any means, even if it makes sense. Low snow may sound like fun to some, but is unrealistic. Dynamic weather is when the weather modifies as the race. Could be clouds and rain that follows, is like a cloudburst. It could be a career that began fog then the fog clears and becomes the sun. It could be a dry ski starts off sunny then a snowstorm hits.

I'm almost disputing any of these points, but here's the problem with what you are explaining. Dynamic weather system you are describing is perfect for long runs. That fits perfectly F1 2010 on his way around a track of several hundred kilometers long periods of time. Changing conditions change strategy and driving style. However, in the ground unless something changes drastically since the last track of how much can a weather system that affects a concentration of 3 minutes. Perhaps rallycross courses when set to 10 laps, but from one point to another who really cares if a script sqall the rain passes through 30 seconds of a run of 3 minutes.

It happens a lot in all types of staggered start racing. Time, be dynamic, it is difficult to predict, and some may have better or the worst of it. Developers have the luxury of making that point so you get a dynamic look and feel, without the advantages and disadvantages of the possible advantages or disadvantages for certain drivers. I also happen to feel dynamic weather is as important as choosing what time you want to track whether there can be only one or the other, but that's just my opinion. At least what you want can be done in Quick Race mode. I'm not confident it is supposed to be part of the sp campaign though.