Thread: How to keep PC cooler while playing The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

How to keep PC cooler while playing The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Hello guys yesterday I download this game and at what time I play this game for 45 minutes at that movement my computers temperature arrive at as high as 65C. What are a number of things I possibly will do to maintain my PC cool while playing this game? I have a Cool Master within the case however I think I might necessitate an additional fan. Please share your ideas with me because I really want to play this game. I can’t wait. I am using AMD Phenom x4 BE 955 @ 3.2 GHz in the company of ATI Radeon HD5770. All replies are appreciated thank you.

Re: How to keep PC cooler while playing The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

I suggest you to make use of an additional fan. Use canned air to clean the dust from the inside of your fans / computer. This could improve air flow and cooling. More intake / exhaust fans ensure that you keep around the same number. I have 4 intake and exhaust 3. Two on the consumption side, two on the front. 2 exhaust on top, one in the back. I have a case lanboy air. I typically hover 30-40 degrees. 65 degrees is just superior for a gpu, my old one utilize to go to 90 degrees at complete load, and it still works very well after a year. I do not be familiar with about the processor, however mine usually never goes on top of 50 when playing, other than I'm sure 65 is fine for that too.

That is a perfectly temperature taking into account the power that this game needs to pump these beautiful images. Now if you were hitting the idle time, with loads in the 80 or 90, there may be reasons to look to it. Well, my computer room is warm, and the team is 50 degrees. In the winter are 39 degrees and 50 at full load. I'm not comfortable with my team to be so hot. 65c is good unless the GPU fan is almost 100% speed.

Download HWMonitor and activate while the game results and post. They were very clear about what you're talking temperatures. 62C is the maximum safe temperature for your processor (CPU), while the GPU can go much higher. So if your CPU reaches 65C I invest in a refrigerator or a lot better than your system break down very quickly. Do not even think of taxing the computer until you have figured out how to reduce the temps. However, perhaps the temperatures are still being treated with HWMonitor.

It is giving me same temperature readings as core temperature. I'll try to clean the dust and then see what I'm getting. I have to go to get some compressed air. If I take a picture of the inside of my case, I think you can see if I have room for another fan? 65C is actually a decentish temperature is a bit on the top, but should not be a concern. Once it reaches 80 and becomes unstable if it is bad. However, always has a high temperature reduces the life of parts.

In recent times I got a Larkooler Liquid Cooling Kit for concerning 180 bucks. At the moment I can run my Core 2 Extreme QX9650 overclocked to 4.2 GHz and still not get over 60 degrees during the game, so I'm happy with it. What I'm reading you can overclock the processor to 3.8 GHz and keep it stable if there is adequate cooling. The maximum temperature for your processor I'm reading is 55-62 degrees. I've heard people say overclock.net honest run at the maximum temperature cuts a few years of the life of a processor that is designed to operate 10 years anyway. If that's the case, I see no big deal since PC gamers have to replace their processors every two years anyway just to be able to keep up with these poorly optimized ports of the console.

I will note that back at what time I did not be acquainted with what I did had a Q9300 processor running so hot it actually close to 110 degrees Celsius occasionally audible and the motherboard would be "the CPU temperature too high", and did so for about 2 and 1 / 2 years. It was under warranty, so I ignored him until he finally decided to get core temperature, and it was closing all the time. The idiots who built it had the thermal paste on the evil of what I might say - I was a little weird looking and do not cover most of the CPU. I put some new thermal grease and replace the cooling fan that comes with a new $ 25 and the temperature went down, and I was able to overclock a bit and still maintain it within the safe zone.