Thread: Need Character Class, Race and Gender in Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale

Need Character Class, Race and Gender in Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale

Is this game going to continue to play a real role playing or more akin to the console hack and slash in the character class, race and gender are linked to collect and set in stone? Because from the trailer of this appearance as Warrior Human Male, Female Elf Rogue Male Halfling and a magician. It would be good to have access to the customization of the characters of gender, race and class rather than be restricted and forced to play a particular character. I refer to the D & D and most of the fun comes from fantasy role your own avatar. What do you say people?

Re: Need Character Class, Race and Gender in Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale

That would be dense not to allow customization of characters. Being unique is very important for RPGs. Take the first fable. People have to redo the same things over and over again trying to get some equipment for a certain look. If Atari does not allow uniquess through gear, character creation and imprisonment of dragging the game will be a disaster. I hope D&D changes this thing.

Well in the trailer that actually showed that the warrior in all the different armor, so I'm not concerned about the diversity in the armor department. I'm more concerned with the common trend in the console hack bar where the characters are pregenerated. I know it's that much of a difficulty for some, but real unsatisfactory that always enforced to play the cliché type character arc every time. I prefer to plan my character race, gender and class from the beginning. I don't know whether it requires graphic card or not.

The only reason I didn’t like this game was due to that you cannot select any race or gender or the class separately. Otherwise looking at various other features, this game is awesome. I hope that Dungeons & Dragons put up few shots of their games so that people may see what unique things this people have. Comparatively Diablo 3 provides selecting of gender. Thus I think Dungeons & Dragons should change this thing as of they still has time. Thus I hope people like this game.

Well it seems to be an awesome game and eagerly waiting for this game to launch soon. I hope this could look real and should be able to play with friends on console. As you people know about the game called Neverwinter Nights which was a pc game but amazing experience to play with. Thus one of the good things about this game is the feature of making new characters. Only one thing which I didn’t like about this game is to select the class, sex and race and you can modify later which I didn’t wanted to be.

I hope that Dungeons & Dragons just launch the game and it should be as same as the people demand from them. Now we all are going to watch some race class combos to begin. As soon as completing or creating the character, this game should permit you to modify when you characters gets advance as per the rules given by Dungeons & Dragons. Thus based on this you must be able to select what powers, spells or equipments you want. Thus new equipment will change the look and feel of your character completely.

Well I think so that just creating gender would also matter a lot to most of the people. Even girls could play this game with having girl as the female warrior. Even girls will start taking interest in this game. So whatever the Dungeons & Dragons are doing is perfectly alright and also they must listen to all their fans that want difference in the race and class customization. I hope this might help the D&D team to make changes because they still have time.