Thread: Zynga poker froze three times in an hour

Zynga poker froze three times in an hour

Froze three times. The first two times, the game continued after 3-5 minutes, but, the third time, I refreshed the browser and, although it returned me to the game, I no longer had a "seat". I didn't seem to lose any money, but I was in 2nd place out of 4 players remaining, and was bound to win at least 3rd place, so I'm pretty upset about it. I've never seen it this bad, before the last time it happened was months ago, and only for a few seconds. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening?

Re: Zynga poker froze three times in an hour

Same problem is happening with me in Google chrome. I have copped abuse over being too slow, been told to leave the room, been called a slob, all by the one person just because Zynga poker froze. There is no need for anyone to have to cop those things. Not only have just lost a hand that would have placed me in the lead, from 4th to 1st, but it is currently frozen. This should be an urgent matter to be fixed as it is ruining people's playing time and costing those chips. It is unacceptable, especially considering Zynga was told at least 9 days ago about this matter.

It’s the same on all online poker sites. If your connection freezes and you miss enough hands you get dumped out the tourney and win nothing, or you get blinded out and come third. Completely dependent on the house rules of the site you play on. Most all the players using zynga will be playing on either a residential cable or an ADSL line. Neither of which has an SLA guaranteeing uptime so you have no recourse. Never join a tourney unless you can afford to lose the buy-in, this could be through bad play, bad beats, power cuts, computer corruption, internet down age or many other things. By the way, coming third in a five handed tournament doesn’t win you any chips, on a 2 million buy in you would lose 20K by coming third?

This is getting ridiculous. I've lost over $250k chips because of freeze ups in sit and go tournaments through FB in the past week. I just started a 50k games and it happened again. I tried refreshing as it has worked in past and just take me back to the lobby. Yesterday I was chip-leader in the final three of a $100k game. I'd like my chips back! I'm not going to play anymore games until this is sorted out. This wouldn't happen with pokerstars or PKR! It isn't my connection either, as I can go to other sites and get back to the lobby. I also have the latest Flash installed. It's a software issue or Zynga's server. Obviously people are spending real money on this game, as I've seen players with gifts that can only be bought with gold. More fool them, I say. I want my chips back. It took me weeks to earn them. I don't care that they're playing for money.

It is your computer, if it was zynga's servers the board would be overrun by people complaining.
    Things you can do in addition to the things suggested in the stickies. Don’t play over wireless, just don’t. Not worth the trouble. Turn your router off for half an hour the turn it on again. Make sure that the cable running from your router to your phone line is connected properly, unplug and reconnect it at both ends. Make sure you have the cable running from your router to your phone line plugged into your home's master phone socket, not a slave. Replace all your microfilters if you are running on ADSL, including the ones that any additional phones in your house plug into Check your network cabling for faults, or sheath damage, if you find any nicks or cute replace it with good quality cat5e or cat6 cable download a piece of software called ccleaner from a company called prirform install it, update it and run a full system scan and do all the actions it suggests
    Download a piece of software called malware bytes, install it, update it, run a full system scan and perform all the actions it suggest. Make sure you have up to date anti virus definition files and run a full system scanned.

If you have adobe or apple software running than turn off the auto updaters, disable them, uninstall them if you must, and just stop them from running. Turn off any other bandwidth hogs whilst you play poker. Open a command prompt. Type ipconfig in it and press OK then return and reboot your PC. If that doesn’t sort it out then you might want to look into getting a new router or getting a PC literate friend round to take a look at what else you could do. Uninstall software you no longer need.

What is going on today? Earlier the game kept freezing up, causing me to be bumped from the table. Now I cannot get the poker game to load at all! I finally get a Saturday to just sit, relax and play some poker, and here goes issues with zynga again I notice the issue doesn't stop them from collecting or selling chips! So require help from someone. Do post any comments if have.

Ok, this is not a "connection issue" or software/hardware issue. I know this for a fact.
    No matter what OS I am running, or what browser, even if Zynga Poker is the only thing I have running, it still freezes up and I am left folding and booted out of rooms, tournaments, etc. after losing whatever chips I have bet/blinds I have posted. Let's get real here, if I have no other issues doing anything else other than playing Zynga poker, then the issue is not on my end, it is on Zynga's end. I'm not the only one having this issue either, others at the table are complaining, and Google also yields many complaints. At first I thought it was on my end, so I did what anyone would do, I rebooted, checked system performances/running programs, rebooted my router, switched to Ethernet connection, changed computers, used different OS, and changed browsers, nothing made any difference. Zynga still freezes up and I can barely make it through two or three hands.

I've quit going to bigger rooms because of this, which is ridiculous because I have millions of chips, but after I refresh the page I'm sent back to the lobby and I've lost my bets and whatever blinds I posted while Zynga was frozen. It's not so much any chips I've lost as to the point of Zynga Poker is to be able to play poker. If this continues to be a problem, I won't be playing poker with Zynga anymore. I mean, what's the point? Like I said before, if the only thing having a problem is Zynga Poker, obviously it's Zynga Poker. Someone needs to take this seriously and fix the issues, or I'll simply be playing elsewhere.