Thread: Portal 2 won't play under Wine

Portal 2 won't play under Wine

I have currently worked on the Linux operating system and want to play the portal 2 game on it. I know that the Linux is not compatible with the Portal 2 game but, I want to use the wine software for doing this task. I listened that the Wine software is helpful to run the windows based applications on the Linux OS. I try to do this but it can’t get successes. If anyone having experience about it then please share your own thoughts. Any helps will be appreciates.

Re: Portal 2 won't play under Wine

I think you had not installed the correct supported wine software. The portal 2 game of the DVD version has to be supports the wine software 1.3.18 version. Then if you have use this portal 2 game DVD versions then I suggest to first uninstall the wine software. Then download and install the wine software 1.3.18 version. This software is presents on the official winehq.org web site. Then download and install it. This software is compatible with the portal 2 game and it solves the trouble.

I also faced the same trouble. In that time, I try to run the portal 2 steam games on the wine 1.3.18 but it gives the compatibility issues. Then I search the more topics related to the wine software and I found the correct solutions. This software 1.3.19 version supports the portal 2 steam games and then I do this. Then the remaining task is done by the wine software. Now the game is to be very well work on the software. This is the very good software for running the windows game.

I have done this and really it works. The Linux have contains its own game but I need to play the portal 2 game on this system. Then first I install the wine software on this Linux OS. For doing this I use the manual of the software. Then understand the technique to run the windows program on the software. After that I did the process step by step and then try to run exe file of the portal 2 game. Then it works and the game will not be given any crisis during this running process.

The wine software is specially designed for to allow applications which are written on Microsoft Windows will be run on UNIX based operating systems such as Linux. This is the best popular software to so this task. For doing this the user needs to install this wine software on the Linux OS and then try to run the windows program on the software. There should be necessary to the programs is completely built on windows OS. The portal 2 is compatible with the Microsoft Windows OS. Then you can try this. It would be works.

I also found this error in the Linux system and I think that there is no possibility to run the windows based game on the Linux software. But when I read the wine software article then I realized that this is to be possible. Then I follow the step mentioned in the article. This helps me to install the wine software and then the software helps to run the portal 2 game. I suggest you to read that kind of articles or you can refer the manual of the wine software. This helps you to solve the trouble.