Thread: Medics Get too much exp in Brink

Medics Get too much exp in Brink

First I just say that I like this game very much and I just love to play this game very much. I just go through all information or all threads from this site. After seeing all threads it’s just looks great game. Here I just want to know something about Medics in Brink. I feel like medics get exp way too fast. I think it should be balanced. Anyone else think the similar? Or anyone here has any more idea on Medic? Please let me know your experience and suggestions on this.

Re: Medics Get too much exp in Brink

I believe it depends on the class you select and how well you play your part in the objectives. As a soldier on reactor, after choosing defend the vents as security, (or protect the bridge access panel), I can easily out score everyone by simply mowing down approaching enemies and handing out ammo occasionally. This can also be done as an engineer unless your teammates aren’t generous with ammo. The first few play through I didn’t realize you get much more experience if you select the objective from the wheel earlier than completing it.

Here I as well wish to add something in this case. I get the same amount as a god medic while I place turrets at a choke point, it just racks up exp. As a soldier handing out ammo buffs and blowing things up grants a lot of exp. getting exp as an operative is harder but they have a few Hack side objects that no one will really try to stop you from doing. I think each class gets good exp considering that medics are technically the most significant class.

Any other class played well should get as much or more experience as a medic played well. Likewise, any class played poorly should get less experience as a medic played well. I have seen medics post really poor scores, as well as really high scores; however, I don't see medics top the scoreboard any more than other classes. Play as a medic, then. Or start working the other classes. As well my brother plays HeavyOp and he's an XP earning machine. You are going to earn tons of XP going cawadoody lonewolf, be credit to team and you will earn a lot more.

Every class has a few shortcut ways to get lots of XP, and every class has some good tactics which earn lots of XP while utilized correctly. Disguising lots as an Operative, utilizing Sticky Bombs effectively, and CALTROPS (seriously awesome XP there) are the best I have establish. My highest XP score was as an Operative, and I find higher scores easier to get as Operative than Medic, although Medics are pretty good for simple XP too.

Medics are easy to get XP with. However, the XP they get is strictly pip based. Think of it that way, and it makes sense they get like 72million more pips then everybody else, but also realize that once you are out of pips, you can’t gain more XP from your class skills. Operatives can disguise themselves like Hannibal lecter at every chance they get, soldiers can scavenge for XP, and engineers can repair stuff. All for free. So their class based XP never truly has to stop.

Here I just wish to add something about this. The soldier can simply spend all his pips on grenade spam and refilling his ammo, the engineer can spend a good deal on continually replanting mines and turrets, but the medic, that guy can't do plenty with his pips beyond giving them out (and earning the XP for doing so). With the Operative I frequently find myself with an abundance of pips and little to do with them except spam special grenades.