Thread: Tone down the carb-9 in Brink

Tone down the carb-9 in Brink

Anybody else feel like the carb-9 practically rules game battles game? I have never played in a GB game but from what everyone is telling about it. It’s all carb-9 basically. Basically there are no heavies maybe 1 sometimes and everyone has a carb-9 on them. Whether it’s secondary or primary but everyone has a CARB-9 with a drum and such. Why is this? This says something about the balance of the game. Please try to address these troubles with gun balance! I hate being a heavy and then some light that moves triple my speed guns me down with his carb-9 at medium range while I am shooting my Maximus at him. Something isn’t right.

Re: Tone down the carb-9 in Brink

The carb 9 really isn’t that great, I favor the bulpdaun for all around performance. The Carb and galactic are really just fine for suppressive fire, they lack the accuracy for any sort of medium or long range application, and while the carb-9 does do more damage per shot at point blank than other SMGs it's at a standstill beat out by the chinzor, gottlung, and some of the assault rifles. In fact, the only reason I utilized the carb-9 when leveling up, earlier than stats were posted, is because I could make it look like a Tommy gun, and that's just bad.

Doesn't say a thing about the balance of the game, it says something about the people using it. If you see it getting a lot of kills it may well be because it's being used by most people, but that doesn't mean it's the best gun. Half the people might just like the way it seems contrasted to the others, a few might be better with it, some might like the amount of ammo in it, some might like the attachments it gets, some of them might have heard it's the best so they are utilizing it.

I have seen plenty of Kross utilized in GB’s and other "events", as well seen bulpdaun and galactic used. Only reason we see so few Ar's in GB’s/events is the mobility of the light. For myself I like the Carb; then again I also like the kross and the bulpdaun. And I would gladly use AR if it wasn’t for the fact that I enjoy the game most as a light. My personal view on this is that is completely a matter of what the user prefers to utilize. I will definitely admit that I love the look of the carb from a first person perspective, I love the Iron sight and most of all I love the sound.

I don't wish to be impolite, but I think that is a very naive way of looking at what the OP is trying to point out. I don't really know what to say if you don't see a clear distinction or advantage when using the weapon compared to similar weapons. Of course it's not the go-to gun for the whole thing, and it gets out performed at long range, but for the scope that the gun fills, I find it fairly ridiculous to think that it's a coincidental aesthetic choice, or that it has preferable attachments (they all pretty much get the similar attachments, except I have been playing a dissimilar game), and I would think that if it's being used by most people, that that would be some indication that it is indeed a better weapon for all intents and purposes.

Believe what you will, but the reason that players select a weapon the first time out relates to how it looks, how its stats look, or what they've heard about it. I think it's naive to believe that preconceptions don't normally rule a game. As others have stated, it looks like a Tommy gun with its drum mag and front grip (I have heard this several times including in here) and that drew them to it. It also comes with exclusive skins if you bought the Fallout pack. On paper its stats look pretty good compared to the others so that's going to draw attention to it. And of course a lot of people are talking about how great it is.

Don’t change anything pls. People always start to complain about stuff. The gun is fine. If you are a heavy and utilizing a SMG over the heavy weapons u need to have yourself checked. If you are a medium or light yes the Carb-9 is a great weapon. But what occurs if you tone it down. You will switch to something else. Newsflash: It’s impossible to have every gun perfectly balanced. Example CSS weapons are: ak47, m4, AWP, deagle, mp5. All others weapons ain’t touched.