Thread: Brink: DLC ideas

Brink: DLC ideas

I have a few character customization ideas, which I would like to suggest:

1. Doom Marine armor: No, not the GameStop pre-order bonus, which was just a t-shirt that just looks like Doom armor. I mean the actual armor, including the pants, body armor and helmet. This should be for both Security and Resistance; however, each faction should get its own set of colors so we can tell which faction its user is on.
    2. Brotherhood of Steel Power Armor: From Fallout 3 (Security).
    3. Brotherhood Outcast Power Armor: From Fallout 3 (Resistance).
    4. MJOLNIR Mk. VI Armor (Xbox 360-exclusive): From Halo. Purely cosmetic, meaning no energy shields (Security).

I have no ideas for PC-exclusive content, because I don't play FPS's on the PC so I don't know what franchises they have exclusive.

Re: Brink: DLC ideas

Actually, I would be in favor of switching the Outcast and BoS armor, in terms of who gets it. Remember- the Outcasts were kicked out of the Eastern BoS, for saying "Screw you Lyons, we've been sent here to secure tech, not babysit locals!" Basically, the eastern BoS went rogue and the Outcasts are at a standstill following the unique ideas of the BoS. And the Doom marine armor should probably be a bit more ramshackle / worn for Resistance than for Security, as what I have read about them states they're basically using cast off/refurbished equipment, not the brand new stuff.

The below ideas don't have to be the actual gear but perhaps something similar.
    1. Resistance- Leather face (movie Texas Chain Saw), Ghost face killer (movie Scream), Chucky (movie Childs Play), the doll in the "saw" movies, a scarecrow mask, dirty paper bag mask, burlap potato sack masks.
    2. Security- Storm trooper outfits (Star Wars), Rambo bandanas, Dick Tracy look alike, Tron outfits (movie TRON and/or jogging suits, Universal Soldiers outfits from the movie Universal Soldier.

What's mistaken with DLC gear from other games? Not just did they do it with pre-order bonuses (remember, ZeniMax owns Bethesda and they bought id Software, therefore explaining why Doom and Fallout stuff are already in Brink, but also, the fact that online play is the main draw of Brink doesn't mean we can't have certain gear as DLC. DLC can be played anywhere, just as the pre-order gear can and the generally obtainable stuff can.

Splash would get permission for the Halo and Killzone stuff, you know. You think NetherRealm Studios just added Kratos from God of War into their Mortal Kombat reboot without asking Sony first? Yes, obviously permissions would have to be obtained, that's how it works. The fact that Bethesda would have to ask Microsoft and 343 Industries to add Halo equipment into the 360 Brink and Sony to add Helghast armor into the PS3 Brink should have went without saying.

But there should NOT be platform-exclusive DLCs. Look at the controversy while the first DLCs were announced for New Vegas. People were mad, upset, cursing Microsoft and Bethesda's name, only because the X-box would get the DLCs earlier than anyone else. The PS3 and PC would get the DLC; they just wouldn't get it when those who had it on the 360 get it. If people got that upset because they would get the DLCs 6 months down the road, imagine how upset they would be if they can't get 2/3rd of available content just for playing on their preferred platform.