Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

MP game mode in brink

Video Games

Old 22-05-2011

MP game mode in brink

I was looking over game modes and can't find a single comment on whether there are competitive game modes in Brink. So what's up with game modes like TDM, DM, CTF? Though hopefully they have some unique competitive game modes as well does someone have any idea regarding this thing then please help me out of the same. So that I can get the one for me if yes then please help me.

Old 22-05-2011

Re: MP game mode in brink

There is no campaign mode, free play mode and Chronograph mode. In the campaign, you play the campaign. Very simple. In the free game, play the maps in the order they want, and can change some game options. In the timer, which plays normally, but is scheduled to be. Then the players change teams and play again, and objectives that can beat faster. So the game is basically cooperative multiplayer campaign, or more? No PvP? I'll be sadly disappointed if there is no competitive mp
Old 22-05-2011

Well according to apparently everyone else there isn't Unless you count comparing stop watch times as competitive. I thought bullet storm MP was and this seems to be about the same extent. Thought I'm sure the missions will be fun the first couple times. Both teams are filled with players, just like any multiplayer shooter. In Brink it's simply objective-based, meaning often one team is attacking and one team is defending. So in Stopwatch mode the attacking team tries to get a good time, while the defending team tries to thwart them, giving them a bad time.
Old 22-05-2011

Nearly every objective based game mode in every game is plagued with people trying to have the highest K/D. Whether it be in each individual game or whether players are trying to pad their overall K/D. Cod is a clear example of this and all the games that keeps track of statistics in the way of doing the same thing. Can not play a game of domination in CoD without a man with 25 deaths it has 0 caps and defends.
Old 22-05-2011

I understand that there are no leader boards, but that doesn't mean each player doesn't have their own stats page. I heard straight from a developer's mouth that they do track stats like K/D but something could have changed since then. The reason I think is a bad idea because more people need some added inspiration to continue playing a game over and over again. In a game that is based on both teamwork I imagine there will be a lot of discrepancies and games can be very boring if you do not get to take anything away from them, except for experience points. And kill shots in the area, the base station or not. It is much easier to blow something up if the other team is on a comeback. I am not tracking the statistics are good players lose more than they are capable of more
Old 25-05-2011

You can do it if you have ever played Killzone 3's operation mode, it will perform a little like that. There are cut scene for each mission, and campaign missions are basically Multiplayer missions, except against other players. They are very in-depth and you each map can be played twice, one version of the mission for Security, one For resistance. There are 8 maps, and 2 what-if maps. I hope that you all are getting what I am trying to convey here.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , , ,