Thread: What is SMART fatigue in Brink?

What is SMART fatigue in Brink?

What I have seen there seem to be no "fatigue" meter. How is this solved. I mean obviously they got to have some sort of limitation on this but how much can a light type sprint/smart, what I’ve seen a light guy seem to have a high stamina off running and sprinting. i think this can affect the game in a negative way. Maybe a light will be able to sprint i little bit too long. Reminds me of COD issue where they had lightweight and marathon.

Re: What is SMART fatigue in Brink?

Yes this is something I have been worrying about myself since there is no fatigue it seems as though people will be able to abuse this quite a lot. It will be very annoying when you are about to kill someone they just run off and engage the smart system to get away long enough to refill there health or get backup. I wonder if you are being shot if you can still run and use smart or if this cancels those motions out.

True but let’s say as a light you can sprint for 1 min in a row and it takes 20 sec to regenerate it to 100% that wouldn’t be such bad imo. but sprint forever would cause a negative topic I don’t know, I hope it won’t be so bad as it sound, ofc I would love to be the light guy who can sprint for unlimited time but its might be a good reason why to choose light body type over the others. Might become to many operative loners in a game session, where 4-5 people play as light operative. Might cause some bad game play.

I think a fatigue meter is fine for simple running, but to use it when combined with a parkour like system could result in extreme maneuvers becoming unavailable while in the middle of executing them. The point being that simple running is a single action, while the parkour style of SMART relies on multiple actions to create a sense of flow that would then be lost. Also, a smart player, especially with a mini-gun, would carpet the light's predicted destination with lead then track back onto them, effectively denying them the area and even forcing a change in direction (which could be fatal) or forcing them to pray they make it through the storm of bullets.

What are you talking about? I lead people into traps all the time in every FPS I have ever played. I setup choke points with my team or have mines setup in case I get in trouble then bait the enemy towards them it works 99% the time. Once someone gets a jump on you and they see you run there instinct is to chase after you to finish you and then they pay for it. Having unlimited sprint allows a player to not even need to be strategically like this though as they only need to keep sliding and flinging all over keeping the enemy chasing them long enough for there health to come back then they can turn around and confront them.

The trick to shooting a Wiley little guy that won't hold still and runs at the first sign of trouble: kill them before they make it to their hole. That's asking a lot coming from me, even with a mouse, but it's still the best course of action. Other lights could give chase and I imagine that game of cat and mouse would be fun. For taking on heavies, they better make those head shots count because they'll be in the open for a good period of time longer than they really should in theory.

I can't believe it. Honestly, really? A fatigue meter? On a game whose big mechanical feature is Movement, you want something to limit it? Perhaps you missed the slogan "Freedom of Movement" or how the devs are always applauding the SMART system. Oh no, but someone might run away well Its the whole trade off deal. A light goes up against a Medium, the Light is at the disadvantage in weapon power and health, so if he fails to take him down quick, yes he runs away faster than the Medium can keep up. Same with a Medium against a Heavy, or Light vs Heavy. Why? Because this game isn't about kills, its about objectives. Its about roles in combat, working as a team.

Now throw in that fatigue meter. Guess what, you now have one choice. 2 lights vs 2 medium. Bad odds my friend. Fatigue meters work in some games. Not this kind. Movement is everything, it brings a variety in tactics you don't find in other games because they don't have the mechanics for it. This game is different because of its unique take on combat mechanics and it shouldn't change that simply because your enemy might run away and you don't get your kill. Objectives come first, not kills.