Thread: Unable to install Doom 3 under Ubuntu 9.10

Unable to install Doom 3 under Ubuntu 9.10

Hello friend, I have been trying to install Doom 3 under Ubuntu 9.10 but it can’t install on this ubunu system. I done this installation process on the windows based OS. But, I don’t know the exact step by step process to do this task. I need help to solve this trouble. If anyone having knowledge about the terminal of the Ubuntu, then please mention it. I really want this game installation procedure. Any helps will be appreciates.

Re: Unable to install Doom 3 under Ubuntu 9.10

There is simple process present in this game installation of the Ubuntu OS. You need to just go to the terminal of the OS. Then go to the prompt and run the doom3-demo. This command will help to install the game on the system. By default, the setup will install the files to the locations of the /usr/local/games/doom3-demo. Then you need to run this file on the system. This will helps to install the demo version of the game. Then Start the demo version of the game in the system.

I also try this solution to install the game on the system but, it can’t work. I need some more help to solve the trouble. Then I read the minimum system configurations of the game in the manual. That mentions the GNU/Linux system, Pentium III 1GHz processor, 256Mb RAM and Kernel 2.4, 2.6. This is the best system configurations of the system and it helps to install the game on the system. Then I set the configurations and at the time of installation process not any error occurred.

You need to download the ALSA on the system. This is the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture and it helps to improve the sound quality of the system. The sound card is also helpful to install this ALSA on the system. Then install the compatible software and it helps to solve the trouble. Then the step by step process is present to solve the trouble. After that this software is helpful to solve the installation trouble of the Dhoom 3 game.

Doom 3 game, I haven’t played this game but, I listen so many things about it. Whenever you try to install a Dhoom 3 game the shortcut of this game is present on the system. This will helps to install the game within the limited time period. Then I suggest doing this and it helps to solve the installations trouble. Whenever install the game that times the shortcut of the installation is resent into the game folder and it help in the next time. Then I suggest using the shortcut and try to install the game on the system.

Thanks for the reply but my trouble is to be solved. I have use the basic installation process to solve this trouble. I think the manual will be helpful to solve this kind of trouble. Normally user tries to do the different things and the trouble is to be occurred. Then I suggest to using the manual of the product and then try to install the product on the system. This could be helps to solve the installation trouble. This is the common solutions to solve the trouble.

If the command does not able to install the game on the system then you need to just use the following step for solve the trouble. First right click on executable file of game. Then select Properties options. Then you need to go to permissions tab and tick the allow executing file as program box. Then finally click ok button. This step is helpful to solve the installation trouble. You need to just sue it and the remaining operations done by the system.