Thread: Unable to backup the downloaded Patches in World of Warcraft

Unable to backup the downloaded Patches in World of Warcraft

Hello, I need to format my Hard Disk because some virus present into that hard disk. now I was taking care that there is necessary to backup the important data of the hard disk. I have done all the important data of the disk except the World of Warcraft game patch. I never know the step by step process to do this task. This backup of the patch is helps to reinstall procedure. If anyone having knowledge about it then please share it. Any help will be appreciates.

Re: Unable to backup the downloaded Patches in World of Warcraft

Hey I understand your trouble. Basically this patch is to be contains the large size probably more than 8GB. And there is much difficult to backup this 8GB data. The developer has to be providing the facility to do this task. There is no necessary to backup this entire 8GB folder. You need to just copy the data folder of the game which contains small size files. This will helps in the future to back up the whole PC game and the patch of the game is to be easily installed on the system.

I suggest you to just copy cache and the enUS folder of the game. This folder contains the important files of the patch and the game. Hence copy that file and it will be help in the future for the installing the current status of the game. Then do this and I think this is the most economics conditions to backup the patch of the WOW video game. The windows based OS provides this facility to backup the data. Then do this and it helps to solve the trouble.

Hey dude, I also faced the same trouble and that time I never know the process to backup the data. Especially the patch of the game is to be the minimum 8GB size and how can we manage this data. The size of the DVD is to be the 4.7GB and user can not able to write more than that size. Then I realized that the special files of the game patch are capable to restore the whole setup of the game patch. Then I do this and now there is no error in this backup task.

The data folder of the game patch contains the important files and the folder this will helps to restore the setting of the game. This important file holds the setting as well as the current status of the game and all the other important information. The file is to be in the .MPQ extension. Then I suggest you to just go to the Data folder the check the number of MPQ file present into that folder and then backup that files. It helps in future to save the status and setting of the game patch.

Hey, you never need to do this operations .the other solution is also present to do that data backup operations. The WTF folder is specially created for this purpose. This is the 166KB size folder and it presents on the program files folder of the system. Then I give you advice to just go to the program files folder and then click on WOW folder. It shows the WTF folder. Open the WTF folder. Then copy the files and folder present into that folder.

Hey dude, don’t take the tension to backup the data. There will be many ways present in the system to backup the data present in the game patch. You need to try to copy the data as well as the WTF folder of the patch game folder. If this is not possible then just copy the cache of the game. If it is also not possible then the game patch is always present on the internet. This help to install the patch of the game. Few thumb drive is also present in the market which helps to copy the large size data.