View Poll Results: What shotgun?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • The current light shotgun should just become available as is

0 0%
  • A new sawed off variant with extremely short range and typical sawed off stats?

0 0%
  • Other

1 100.00%
  • I would be happy with any form of shotgun for them

0 0%

Thread: The Lightweight class in Brink

The Lightweight class in Brink

I feel that the lightweight model is intended to be the quick and agile to offset poor health and fragile. But I believe that the "out run" model just isn’t effective. It doesn't have any guns with firepower other than the snipers (which combined with enhanced climbing actually makes a good combo) but there isn't anything that gives sufficient for a 1 on 1 situation in most of the tight spaces that these map designs have. Many of the objectives warrant such needs but seeing as you can't change body types mid match to fit a situation (nor should you be able to in my opinion.) there should be more you can do with that body type firepower wise. I don’t mean just throwing the assault rifles into their arsenal as that renders the mid-weight pointless.

Re: The Lightweight class in Brink

I can totally see the shotguns which rely on closing the distance earlier than dying being a immense way to at least take 1 person with you in a 2 mid-weights on 1 situation. It’s not to say that drum SMG's isn't effective so much as it doesn't do the class justice and play to its "strengths" in any way. Running around and going close quarters with such guns really have no dissimilarity in effect vs. going mid range. And running say in a room you are supposed to defend is quite desperate. You can't "out run" and shoot people at the similar time with an SMG. Leaving the lightweights in the dust behind in my mind - superior middleweights. They can't actually go to TOO many places that the middleweights can't, and going back to the model about "out running" I see the light shotgun as being the perfect solution.

Why did you feel the need to start yet another poll on this topic, perhaps you didn’t like the results you were getting? Your first alternative in this present poll is a non-choice for those of us who feel that lights should not have a shotgun at all, and thus discourages folks who feel that way from voting at all. It’s what’s known as "push polling." Anyway, I think giving shotguns to lights will be overkill; they don’t necessitate and should not have that much short range take down power. Their mobility is previously a great benefit (I know, I play one) and they don’t need the damage of a shotgun thrown in. Luckily I think Splash Damage knows this, or discovered it in beta, and that’s why lights don’t presently have shotguns.

This poll is a choice. You do not have to vote on it nor do you have to read it. It was put up later than input in the previous poll showing that there were complications on the implementation and many suggesting a sawed off and so on. If you would as well read the question cautiously it is all theoretical to begin with. “IF shotguns were implemented what would be the favored and impartial way in the communities mind?" There are capitol letters for a reason. And for the record I poll not because I care regarding how my opinion is doing. But to comprehend what everyone else thinks and to inform SD of how the players think. I state my opinion in the OP and I am not at all "disappointed" with results - the fact of the matter is that between all my polls there are 538 votes and over 12 pages. This is what I consider a success. That is what I care about (that people vote and discuss the topic at hand).

I don't truly think a short ranged shotgun would be very useful. I would probably stick with sliding into people and then shooting them with a high damaging sidearm (Ritchie, sea eagle). Although it might be interesting to see a shotgun sidearm, similar to the Pistol from Uncharted, just 2 rounds, same damage as the semi-shotgun(so you probably won’t be able to kill heavies or even mediums with the two shots) mostly as a sidearm to finish people off at close range.

Lights have sufficient close range weapons to work with. A shotgun would either be too weak or too overpowered. Since they can simply get close, it would not be surprised if the whole point of a light would become to run around with a shotgun to sneak up and take down people before they can spray, aim, or fight back. And well if they make it weaker, people would be better off running pistols anyway like the Ritchie. As well it would have to be balanced with the Medium shotgun or else we will have no reason to run that. So if it's weaker then Medium Shotgun then it's pointless, if it's stronger or the same then the Medium shotgun is pointless.

It’s not rushing blindly if you have a reason for doing so. And you said lights have enough close range weapons to work with but honestly the only close range weapons they have are the pistols. The SMG's are all very effective at medium range and with controlled fire and an improved sight can push into long range. Every class has pistols (which are as well effective over range with a sight but can be fired free hand with the revolvers for close range kills). And the fact of the matter is that the mediums and larges have the just pure short range gun which is the shotgun.

Its push polling. Not uncommon in gaming sites where players very much want to get something in particular, in spite of how it may affect the overall balancing in the game. Here is why I think lights do not necessitate a shotgun - they have the highest mobility in the game. This previously lets them to get in close to targets and use their speed to take enemies down. I have NO problem using my SMG, melee, and the slide tackle to take down enemy players at close range. In fact, it’s almost too easy. Any person who knows the strengths of lights, and is objective about their capabilities, would vote "NO, they do not need shotguns of any kind."