Thread: Brink on my PS3

Brink on my PS3

As you may already know, psn has been down frequently this month. PSN(Playstation Network) is, from what I read, being attacked by an Internet hacker group. PSN is currently "undergoing maintenance" for some time now, not letting me or any of my friends log on and play multiplayer. This whole hacking attack is very serious from what I have heard, and it could go on for some time now. Brink comes out next month for ps3, which I may get, but what if Playstation network is still having problems? I'm very concerned about this, for I wouldn't be able to play mp at all, and so would many others. What do you guys have to say about this Oh and moderators, if you feel this thread should be closed, go ahead. It was just something I thought I would ask others about.

Re: Brink on my PS3

Yea I would be pretty bummed if these issues continue to occur once Brink is released but at the same time it wouldn’t bother me to much as far as Brink as concerned since if the PSN does go down again it just gives me a chance to experiment with classes, body types ect to get better at the unique mechanics Brink is bringing to the table. Also the challenges to unlock weapons ect so there would still be plenty to do if PSN goes down when Brink is released.

It hasn't been confirmed to be Anon. Last I heard some Anon members were posting on Facebook that they did it, than would go on another sight and state that they never did it. I saw on G4 that there have been a couple speculations on what could possibly be causing the PSN errors. I'm not so much as worried as I am pissed off. If some hacker are actually causing this than he can go to hell for ruining other peoples fun for his/her/their own amusement.

I read about that group anonymous recently. There like internet terrorist in disguise. I'm afraid to even insult them without fearing they will hack everything I own and leave me broke. Anyways, hopefully PSN will, as one person said, have a new security system which will block hackers for along time, hopefully soon when Brink comes out and from what I heard, that anonymous started attacking psn for suing a hacker who told many people of how to jail break a ps3. No offense, but if I was in charge of Sony, I would not want my store being robbed by countless clowns in masks and noobs on my COD and BFBC2 with gating guns and infinite health. Some people need to think.

Personally, I hope anon is the cause for the system to be down. I think people don’t see the big picture. Assuming that this was done by anon, then anon would be causing problems for Sony. The reason is that by not allowing players to go online, Sony is going to receive a serious number of complaints by both none paying and paying customers. And complains by customers is something sonny can definitely not afford to ignore. Really, anon is just using the most effective way to force Sony’s hand. Although i don’t think Sony will budge because then they would come off as a company that caves in against hackers.

I have heard that it's being done by some of the few, more radical members of Anonymous. And that they have been doing it behind the rest of the groups back as Anon stated they would not attack PSN because it goes against what they are trying to do, and what they have been saying. People are complaining because they are forced to go a few days without online gameplay. Big deal. Its video games, they should not run your life. and besides the reason you are sacrificing a few days without online gameplay is because a group of people are fighting for your rights.