Thread: Weapon silencers in Brink

Weapon silencers in Brink

As you may have noticed, the Soda Can/Ark Tactical silencer is an attachment that comes with the Psycho Pack. The Caesar revolver and Hockler machine pistol are both exclusive items. The Green eye scope is supposedly just an early unlock that comes with the pack, but is this the case with the silencer. There is no concrete information pointing to the contrary. Do you think they could be so heartless as to leave out something as fundamental, especially for Operative characters, as a suppressor? I am not exactly a fan of exclusive pre-order stuff. It's a shameless ploy for drawing business.

Re: Weapon silencers in Brink

The two confirmed silencers I know of are the ArkTactical silencer(Security) and the Soda Can silencer Resistance. They both come exclusively in the Psycho preorder pack. In a video containing a quick view of weapon customization, you can see footage of a carbine go from a silencer to a fore-grip. Not sure if they are mutually exclusive, as the video showed the silencer and the fore-grip but not both, but yeah. Silencers are in.

Because the noise it what makes the shotgun useful? Shotguns are meant for close combat, they pack a nice punch without the need for the same accuracy as a revolver or such. Tack on a silencer and maybe you lose a little range or spread in exchange for something that makes a little less noise. There are scopes other than the pre-order Green eye, there's at least one Silencer available other than the Psycho Pack one, there's another Machine Pistol, there's another Revolver.

I was really hoping for some information on the issue. It really hasn't been confirmed whether there isn't more than 1 suppressor. The problem that I have is that the dev videos all seem to have the unique weapons and options. Maybe there IS only 1 suppressor, but the Psycho pack unlocks it early, like the Greeneye for the Spec Ops pack. Pretty sure the Psycho pre-order silencers will just be variants. AoT: 40th Day had like a million different suppressors that had all degrees of effect depending on what else you equipped. Some sacrificed a lot or power for great silencing; some just provided minor silencing whilst preserving some power, etc.

Well, we know that there are at least two. Really no need for more than that, unless different silencers have different effects on your gun's stats (fingers crossed). I'm more curious as to how the muzzle breaks will affect my guns. I don't want a silencer on my shotgun, but my OCD is already telling me that I can't leave my shotgun's barrel attachment slot empty. Silencers increase accuracy without significantly hurting the impact of the round in real life. Logically, adding a silencer to a weapon within a game should increase your accuracy, but reduce your range because there has to be a give and take. Reduced range can be written off as using sub-sonic ammo, which actually doesn't reasonably affect your range all that much in use.