Thread: What Is Up With the AI in Brink

What Is Up With the AI in Brink

The more I play this game the more I get irritated with the AI. I wish I could determine what those dim bots would do. The bots have no clue on what to do and I am frequently left by myself attempting to complete an objective. AI will take a long route straight through enemy forces lacking back up. Seriously. Are they going to fix this? I am considering moving onto another game. Don't get me wrong. I like Brink but the AI really needs a few more clean.

Re: What Is Up With the AI in Brink

I have been spawn-camped by the enemy bots at level 6 ON EASY, playing Container City as Security. We had just fixed the crane, which swaps the spawn to that room just at the back the crane. As soon as anyone went past the crane they just got gunned down. I was generally lucky sufficient to take out 2-4 bots earlier than I died, but it's hard taking on an whole team of AI because all your allies are doing is just standing out in the open going "DERP", and the enemy is zipping about, sliding, burst-firing SMGs with Rifle accuracy, melee'ing and buffing each other. I have as well had games where they factually shut down each single probable access route to an objective with 2-3 bots at each, and because friendly AI has the overwhelming advise to just run into enemy fire, it always just winds up being me, alone, carrying the complete team, at a standstill on Easy.

The one factual fix to Brink's amazing AI whooping tail: You have to become a few super freak twitchy frags machine, and merely repeatedly wipe out the complete enemy force and believe it or not the AI will complete their objectives. Works for me, you try. The defending force all the time has the upper hand in map layout, which has a vast impact on the way AI performs. There is a certain seek time between the time an AI sees an enemy, and the time it fires on that enemy. The defending force all the time has the upper hand while it comes to visibility of the enemy. As pertaining to AI.

Here I also wish to add something in this case. I know right, I (and possibly many others, if not everybody) can take on 4 bots alone they're so bad. As well has anybody else noticed,(I don't know if anybody has mentioned this up till now) if you get into a fire fight with them and you duck behind cover, they totally forget you're there, so I just keep poking in and around cover and I catch them with their backs towards me, every single time.

I ask for to differ, at level 20, they are sprinting, sliding and jumping all over the place and head-shutting you at long range with SMGs. I as well played the similar level attacking/defending one after the other, where MY teammates were off doing their own thing, the enemy bots all just bunched up on the main objective and made it just about impossible to take or defend, since it was me by myself 80% of the time.

You have to become a CoD super-soldier-lone-wolf-person with these moronic AI bots; as a minimum, I had to so lots of times. You have to quite much clear the whole room or area/section earlier than your teammates push forward. Not just am I doing the primary objectives, I am as well attempting to finish up the rooms for them because these guys don't progress except there are no enemies (and captured Command Posts) in sight. So, yeah, total Rambo. It turns out that works better than actually attempting to take the effort to support these guys (I am a Medic).