Thread: Any future idea on Team Deathmatch Objectives in Brink

Any future idea on Team Deathmatch Objectives in Brink

Brink is a great team-objective game no doubt, but the variety of objectives does seem a bit lacking. This may be because of the limited maps we have at this time, but I still feel a greater variety necessitates to be found. In addition to this, I've noticed a lot of people talking about how they would like Team-Deathmatch modes. Well, why not merge the two? My idea is that having an objective where one team has to kill (not just incapacitate) a precise number of the other team to proceed to the next objective. This would append a little bit of a dissimilar feel to the match as new strategies would be required as the hunted team must either spread out and hide or stick together and build up defensively. In regards to how such an objective would work in the story of a mission could be as easy as having the last objective force Resistance or Security to kill all of the remaining enemies in the area to either make certain no one survives to either report back or plan another attack, depending on fraction.

Re: Any future idea on Team Deathmatch Objectives in Brink

Needs TDM and DM. Even though DM would be trickier to implement for the spawns, so TDM would do. The game is almost TDM around a precise object anyway; more modes will bring in more players. Love this game by the way and objective mode is well for me as it stands, more modes the merrier though. This automatically puts higher body types at a vast benefit, and besides it would be simply broken. For instance, as the defending team being "hunted" the smartest thing to do would be to sit in your spawn and wait out the timer. There, I just broke that objective.

Actually it may be probable to implement a TDM where every team starts out with say 25 lives and whichever team runs out of lives first loses, as well the size builds would be what adds to the challenge even though it truly isn't that hard to take a heavy out with a light. I doubt that. It depends on the type of player whether or not a specific body type is effective. I am not very effectual with the heavy and much more so with a light body type. I like to move fast. I still voted 'no' because I not at all play Deathmatch games anymore, not even if I would be playing CoD. Give me decent objectives to pursue any day.

As for those who posted referring this would be too much like CoD, I am not talking regarding a precise mode, but rather a single phase in which killing the other team would be the objective. Some brought up the good point that it would be too much like murder since both sides are technically "good", but this could be worked around by having one side have no choice but to kill all of their enemies. Example: Security is ordered to clean out a whole slum area during a raid after they find a chemical weapons lab in which all of the "guests" who worked/lived in the area might be infected.

So there's this game right, I don't know if you guys have heard of it, it's called Battlefield 1942. Now it's got this truly cool idea where all team has tickets (lives) and these lives decrease by one for each time a member of your team dies/re-spawns. There are as well objectives on the map to take over, and if you take sufficient of them, then the enemy team's tickets start dropping each few seconds in spite of deaths or not. So in that way, it's both team Deathmatch and objective. It seems truly absurd that everybody who is for objective based team Deathmatch hasn't recommended this very obvious and successful mode. And everyone who's against objective based team Deathmatch only sees Call of Duty while they are having a conversation about it.

Mindless TDM crowd? You are quite much talking regarding the majority of FPS players. I think you are forgetting what FPS stands for. How is killing a guy earlier than he kills you not considered a skill in first person shooters? You are not going to complete any objectives if you are continually re-spawning. I truly don't understand all of the COD bashing. The moment something becomes popular and "mainstream" a lot of people think it's cool to bash it.

This game warrants a decent TDM and DM mode, been crying out for a fast paced gameplay like this as fear Combat on the PC and this game has what it takes if they go the extra mile. Anybody who has played Fear Combat on the PC knows that CoD is just a medium paced shooter, whereas this has the potential to be a proper fast paced one. You can as well tell a Fear pro while he is coming towards you too as he will be up and over every piece of scenery etc and is very tricky to hit, I was no Fear pro but I enjoyed the physical workout that was playing it. Only game I have played that will leave you knackered later than just a pair of hours solid in game. Those who at a standstill want objectives are at a standstill free to play those modes, and I will continue to play them if they did add DM modes.