Thread: SMG’s are the best in Brink

SMG’s are the best in Brink

The title says it all. The carb-9 is easily the best automatic close to mid-range weapon. I remember hearing that Splash Damage was balancing each weapon thoroughly and yet they allow an SMG to be a better option than most AR's at any range. In my opinion they need to increase the recoil and reduce the range of the SMG's and this will convince people to use another weapon besides the carb-9. In competitive matches on Game battles for instance all I see are people running around with the carb-9. It's severely limiting the weapon diversity within the game.

Re: SMG’s are the best in Brink

The SMGs are better at most ranges than the ARs if you insist on holding down the trigger till things die. Try limiting your fire to bursts with an AR and you will find them to be some of the most efficient weapons in the game. The Gerund can pretty much snipe people if you keep to 1-3 shot bursts. The Euston puts out a TON of damage. ARs also don’t have damage fall-off while SMGs do. But yes, the SMGs are effective weapons, and that's because they are a main weapon for light characters. Have you attempted to play light in multiplayer? its pretty difficult to take people out when you are only given an SMG and a pistol. Can't imagine how it would be if they nerfed SMGs.

I disagree. They are good solid weapons, struggle to take down a heavy or buffed medium in one clip, and have the range of a stone's throw. They're popular because they're available to all classes, and benefit most situations tight quarters, however, you get owned by Assault Rifles and the like in open areas. The Euston is better than the CARB-9 In every way apart from RoF which is the same as the CARB-9s which is lower.

I think personally the carb-9 alone should be damage nerfed just a tad. Out of all the smg's that one is just a tad better overall, and this makes it the most used weapon I've seen online. As for the other smg's, pretty much all of them take an entire clip to take down a medium. And a clip plus whipping out my sidearm for heavies unless every bullet hits As for the other weapons, I can't really say anything because I have never used a assault rifle before, I switched to light as soon as i unlocked it, and have never changed since.

To be honest I was talking about my older brother that I play with constantly, he's a medium body engineer. I can watch his screen while he plays and we were both talking about how fast he can down people with the thing. Also, he never uses iron sights or scopes of any kind, just hip fires. If you think I'm lying, that's all right with me. I'm just trying to make a point to improve the game, I'm sorry if you think I am just making this stuff up.

I do like how everyone talking about the carb 9 it is a great gun with damage but I can only take one about 1 person pre clip I love the ump cause I can take out 2 from a distance and the cross is great for close fire , the Tampa can [censored] you in a second , I think all the smgs are balance , even gun is for a different type of game play. It just people always try to go with the gun with the most damage. try a different gun other than the carb 9. If I always a med and I was play a short halls ways map with almost no big opens I would use my cross or the Tampa for the fast and great hip fire. People just have to learn with gun is the best in every situation.

I disagree because Carb 9 is not the end all be all of SMG's. I use a Tampa and find it to be superior in all aspects to Carb 9. As for SMG's being inherently overpowered? They aren't. This is an urban combat game which means lots of close to midrange fire fights. SMG's excel at that. Couple their high rate of fire and stability and it offsets their relatively low damage to make them appear to be more beastly than they are. Anyway who wants all the weapons to be on a completely even keel? If they did that they might as well have just given us all pointed sticks in game.