Thread: Weapons provided are worst in brink

Weapons provided are worst in brink

Well have recently started playing this game in fact yesterday only I have installed it on the system of mine and the thing is that when I am playing the game I am literally not happy with the game that I am playing so is there anything that will improve it. I mean what things can help me to get the weapons will get powerful weapons as the game progresses. So please help me in this case and also share your experience over here regarding the weapons in Brink.

Re: Weapons provided are worst in brink

I prefer being a Light, though, so no shotgun for me probably safer for everyone that way. I haven't really played with the Grenade Launcher, but it's been used against me, and it seems like a great weapon for crowd control - not great damage, but the knockdown radius is pretty brutal and it helps your team control the fight when the other guys keep falling down. Especially when they're Lights - seriously, skilled grenade work is terrifying for a Light player.

I like shotguns I used to use the heavy shotgun which was great, as for grenade launchers the EZ-Nade had a somewhat quality but other than that it was pretty hard to get any kills with it. I also agree with the sniper rifles the game really lacks maps where sniping is actually useful at all. Pistols are great secondary’s especially if you run out of ammo, they’re not meant to be powerful there a just in case you run out of ammo you can switch o it instead of reloading.

Sniper rifles are pretty bad in this game, unless you're an AI/bot in which case you have a 90% headshot rate anyways. The problem here is that they have much, much stricter aiming requirements than other weapons you pretty much have to get a direct chest or head shot in order to do any damage at all, seems like hitting an arm or leg won’t even phase the target, and with how fast people move, and the fact that this game forces close quarters combat 80% of the time, there's just no point to trying to use precision rifles.

I have found the shotguns decent, but the major issue with them is that it takes you longer to put out 2-3 rounds to kill a target than it does for someone with a smg or AR to kill you. As in most FPS/TPS games, shotguns aren’t really given the power they need to win in head-to-head close quarters combat, which defeats the whole point of using them. The only time shotguns are really good here is if you sneak up behind someone, and that isn’t likely to happen unless you're a light body type and they can’t use shotguns, go figure.

The miniguns, AR's, and grenade launchers are all pretty useless for non-soldier classes, since they have severe ammo restrictions. Grenade launchers in general suck for damage, and they really should explode on impact rather than just bouncing off walls or rolling on the ground like a handheld frag grenade. You'll probably never see a non-soldier using the launchers because they don’t have enough base ammunition to kill even a single player. Miniguns are great fun, but anyone other than a soldier is going to run out of ammo likely before you even get 2 kills with them, and the equip and reload speed force you to stay in cover longer than it would take to regenerate your health bar.

• The FR3N is great, sure the delay is a bit weird but it’s needed since its really powerful.
    • Grenades aren’t for killing but crowd control. They work great for Soldiers.
    • Sea eagle and the revolver are great for any body type but there’s no reason to use if you’re not a light. They’re in the game so the lights can have some kind of back up weapon.
    • Shotguns are great not sure why they aren’t working got you.
    • Snipers have their role but i do agree the maps are a bit small to actually use the big scope on them, but other than that they are actually really good.

For assault rifles most of the time you have 50-60 rounds available split between two or three clips. It generally takes half a clip 15-20 rounds to get one kill. That means you can net 3-6 kills before you're completely out of ammo. With most SMGs, you have 180-210 rounds, and take 20-25 to net one kill, meaning you can get 8 or more kills before running out of ammo, so long as your aim is decent. For anyone other than a soldier who doesn’t have to worry about ammo constraints, the SMGs are just all around a better choice.