Thread: Brink: Unable to get dedicated server in browser

Brink: Unable to get dedicated server in browser

I have installed Brink on the computer of mine. I have noticed that the dedicated server is not showing into the browser if it is fully configured on the computer of yours. I am suspecting that this particular issue is associated with +net_ip binding. Computer of mine is having number of IP. I want to know whether there would be actual issue with browser which is unable to see the IP of non primary dedicated machine. Let me know if you are having any useful information to share over here. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Brink: Unable to get dedicated server in browser

I let you know that some of the server would require couple of port which should be forwarded so that you can connect to the server and proceed with the playing the game. I am suggesting that you can try with opening TCP and it would let you to enable RCON from the outside of the network. You should try with opening 26900 port. It would increment by 1 for each additional server which you can run on the Public IP address. You might need to modify the server port so that it can listen to the client side of the yours.

Well there could be an issue which is associated with outbound port. I have noticed that there is no issue with the NAT router and firewall would allow the outbound ports. I have noticed some of the network which should block the outbound ports and it causes great impact on the server. So that you are getting the issue which you have mentioned over here in this particular matter. This ports are not having the thing like open or forwarding they have the option either allowed or disallowed.

You need to check whether LAN or Internet Mode is enabled on the computer of yours. Well you have to see the cvar sv_lan and it should be 0 or 1. You can configure the thing into the server configuration file. In case the server is not showing up in the LAN tab there could be a network configuration issue with HLDS or your server might fail to start. I have found that the LAN browser can broadcast on the Port 27015. If the server is on the different port then it is impossible to showed the messy traffic forwarding.

Well you need to see that the firmware and the drivers of the Router and the network interface card. you should visit the official website of the manufacture and get the firmware as well as driver for the same. I have found that above mentioned issue is occurring to out of date firmware or drivers on those device. I am hoping that installing above mentioned stuffs you will be able to resolve the matter of yours.

I I have found some mode on the routers which might be the root cause of the problem. Well I have noticed that the ports are selected rather than of the any of the desired selection criteria. Such kind of mode is also known as gaming mode or the Strict UPnP mode. So I recommend that you should simply disable such feature on the router when you are running server. Because it might interrupt with the port forwarding rules and you will not be able to get the desired results.

Well I have searched over the internet to get the thing but there was nothing available to get the requirement of mine. I don’t know whether the developer of the game is aware of this particular problem. We know that all the servers would not have the primary IP at all so far. I am hoping that the developer of the game would address this particular problem as early as possible.