Thread: Realism Mode in Brink Game

Realism Mode in Brink Game

Would it be too much to ask that in addition to a "hardcore" mode, that there as well be a "realism" mode taken into consideration? I loved the Left 4 Dead series and just felt it got better when they gave players the choice to experience the game lacking colored outlines for the character models. I have never been a fan of colored silhouettes in games and would have liked an option to switch the rookie feature off. The next best thing is to wait for Bethesda and Splash Damage to gather sufficient feedback so they can start adding a few cool new game types and user customizations to the mix. My just complaint is the annoying and primitive low resolution for textures and terrain mapping; as it happens quite often.

Re: Realism Mode in Brink Game

Well, that would have been the thought. However while you go to options, there is no way to decrease the HUD. The just things that can be toggled off are:

• Obituaries
    • XP Indicator
    • Hint Popups

I previously have these alternatives switched off and at a standstill have a ton of HUD like Radar, Ammo Count, etc. Honestly the HUD is not my concern; it's those damn colored outlines on the enemy and friendly character models. Do I seriously necessitate seeing a blue aura around my teammate while they are only 6-7 feet away? It seems dumb and disorienting. Conversely it takes away from actually having to skillfully navigate the terrain. At this point it's another "blind" game of "follow that outline". The game has much depth as is, so why not have players as well "think" carefully about doing a few path finding through these huge environments; without the training wheels.

You can't camp in this game, which is except you don't care to win. Brink makes it so that even the most gutless of full-time campers would have to ultimately come out of their corner or hole if they want XP or any form of action. As for the colored silhouettes; tell me accurately how I can switch them off using the options on the Xbox 360 version. This should be good. Why it is that all my characters have the similar voice even though I make certain to choose a dissimilar one each time I make a guy. Super subtle voice over glitch.

The bots on Hard as is, previously have a few eagle eye aiming to their credit. I think they are well the way they are. I love the whole names on the bots thing, as opposed to BOT no.5 or something dumb. Very refreshing. Just for the record; the "hardcore" mode would definitely be human versus human only. I am almost positive that it is already in the works. When it comes to the "colored silhouettes", it turns out that the PC version allows you to switch them off; which would lead me to believe that it won't be long earlier than we see the similar on the Xbox 360 version.

Wow, no offense but they're catering too much to the PC gamers. The PC allows you to switch it off? Same with the HUD. I expected a game I can finally play without the HUD on my screen. In COD I was able to stretch it entirely off my screen with it slightly clipping. But entirely would be BEST. I am just rant for a bit. No matter what console you buy it for... I shouldn't have to come onto forums to ask about. Regardless if you're a FPSPC nerd or a Console shooter. Pro-tip, consoles are better for players to experience a great game all together. I can get Brink for the PC, it's the fact I already bought it for the 360 expecting quite a bit that I saw on their website. I hate watching bots man; I would rather turn them off. They're too jumpy and ninja like for me to even consider them human. Even on Easy.

Console gameplay is the way to go if you wish to talk to everybody. Not to mention, it's a lot more contented. Who wants to prop themselves upright on a somewhat comfortable chair, mouse in hand; for hours on end? I for myself like to lay back on the couch or bed while I do my killing. Let me make one thing clear; I would rather play against humans than bots. However, it's good to know that while humans are not around, that there are bots that can simulate human behavior quite well. I would prefer this, as opposed to "dumb as a rock" bots.