Thread: Portal 2 PC version metacritic score sabotaged

Portal 2 PC version metacritic score sabotaged

Valve's lately launched Portal 2 has undergo a complaint from fans on top of metacritic, since users damage the User Score by low ratings plus complaints alongside the game - in spite of it being the uppermost rated game of the year up to now in accordance with detractors. Most of the complaint is paying attention in the region of the PC edition of Portal 2, with fans giving out low down scores as they criticize concerning supposed consolification, a small game span and the contentious ARG that ran in front of Portal 2's make public.

Re: Portal 2 PC version metacritic score sabotaged

Portal 2 was launched before time on several platforms as fraction of the peak of an exchange realism game Valve was in a row, except numerous players have articulated annoyance because of the method the ARG pressed players to purchase unconnected games from the Steam stock up. Portal 2 purposely has approach beneath fire for believed consolification and the adding up of an in-game store previously tormented with non-compulsory substance and disposition accessories meant for the co-operative movement. Users have furthermore complained regarding recurrent height loading, though this appears to be additional a restriction of the Source Engine before confirmation of a console port.

It's simple for strings similar to this to obtain mixed up for the duration of progress. On the console editions we cannot succeed cert for not having a thread caution the customer not to shut off the console. We can as well fall short cert if the string tells "Please don't turn your computer off...". Hence like such the strings obtain altered to be apposite on the console (typically for the duration of the stage where we are seriously testing consoles and functioning to bypass cert late in improvement). In this case it seems like a bug that the string was moreover altered on the PC edition.

I have Played portal 2 more than two hours previous night and can't actually speak I have the same opinion through the complaint in any way. The ARG procedure (I liked it tbh, who can truthfully protest at the cost of the potato bag!?! furthermore we may perhaps play the game untimely!!!) was just further enjoyable, icing on the cake still. The barely console orientation I establish was the 'controller' options, so far this is essentially an instance of Valve integrating consoles into the PC edition.

The possessions that worried me were the console-sequel prompts to push E' to drag a height that perceptibly required to be pulled, I would've liked a small holdup to create it less clear. I moreover thought the mysteries weren't as firm as the foremost one - I memorize getting stuck in Portal 1 many more, while the barely times I got trapped in Portal 2 were possessions like demanding to make use of gel otherwise carrier beam possessions to get athwart to anywhere, while actually all I had to carry out was portal for my part there.