Thread: Plot hole in Brink

Plot hole in Brink

Like the title says, I seem to have stumbled onto a possible plot hole concerning the Ark Airport map. It kind of struck me as I was reading the info for that new brink app and looking at the pictures. The app describes the Airport as being "abandoned because it is completely useless." The game itself appears to support that theory, seeing as that particular part of the map is a battleground, which sparks my question: Why has the place been abandoned instead of being converted into living space for the existing refugees? Can anyone provide some explanation, or is it just one of those things where you're supposed to look the other way.

Re: Plot hole in Brink

This could be true. Wouldn't an airport have solid reinforced concrete as a surface? Nothing can really grow on that. Also on the population thing. Yes, if a place is overcrowded then people would want to move away, but since the resistance is centered around Container city then people will also cluster there for protection from oppressive Security forces. Container city was original settlement' of the non-founders so there might be an element of home to it, and not wanting to leave home.

I have gone through the problem that you are facing and it seems to me that I can help you out in this case but I guess that it usually depends on the side it's on if it's on the founders side, then no. Why would they make room for the people who have already a place to live? When the refugees came, they could have just lived off their boats and been happy with that.

This, remember the ARK was made for 5000 people not 50,000 refugees, think of having to let illegal immigrants into your house using up all of your resources and not having to pay a dime for any of it. The airport could have been abandoned due to the fact there may be no planes to use it so it is just a large structure separating the Security and Resistance.

Now what reason could there be to allow the refugees to stay, but not stay within the city limits? Maybe security issues, except we know the refugees are working maintenance jobs and those jobs obviously aren't in container city. Well then we wouldn't have this abandoned airport. So we head to your "not wanting your lifestyle to be deteriorated" as a possible issue. I hope that you are getting my point and also will able to

Hardly the same case due to the scale of the situation. And by definition it certainly would fit under the category of classism and elitism. In addition to the basic behaviors, The Ark was designed as an experiment in self sufficient green living in hopes of finding a permanent solution to the world's issues, funded by a collection of live-in benefactors that enjoyed their personal eden while the scientists did their research. The survivors of those issues come in search of the solution and accept residence and employment under the original inhabitants and live that way for X number of years, but are kept as "outsiders" by those currently running the Ark, which are either the wealthy or the scientists and you rarely see scientists in politics.