Thread: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings LA noire and GameStop

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings LA noire and GameStop

Once one guy met me on some site and he just reply that: I work at GameStop and we are just doing a midnight launch for LA Noire. It is very distressing and sad to me that we only have a pre-order for The Witcher 2 and that is me. So meanwhile, while I have everyone pre-ring and sit and listen to all the hype about LA Noire, the only thing I'll be thinking about is when I have to leave work at 1 am and I have my copy of The Witcher 2. I'm so excited, but still disappointing to work in a place that is so focused on the console. Anyone has any more idea on this?

Re: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings LA noire and GameStop

Most sales will be digital TW2 so do not feel bad. The last game I bought at retail was the day of release of Warhammer MMO, retail is dying PC gaming. I've never understood this mentality, trying to boost sales of games that are quite popular. Most people already know about these games, so why not promote more obscure games that fewer people know. The game everyone knows will sell, regardless of what you do, so it might get some more sales of games that do not have the same chance to sell without your help.

In any case you know what it is. I went in yesterday to induce my in-store pickup, and the clerk didn't even know what TW2 was. I was like. I am worried, as our GameStop doesn't appear to sell pc games at all any longer, except it's somewhat big like SC2, I wish it will be there that morning in place of later in the day. I'm getting substantial because I don't wish to seem at PDFs of the guide and additional stuff. Wish I could obtain the LE, but possibly not many people bought them and they will be cheap later. I want those cubes.

Wow this is sad certainly. No love for the Witcher 2. Fortunately as said earlier many of the sells will be online (acquire digitally, or online preorders of physical copies). But that fraction would have been lower % if just resellers didn't just skip over this game. It's extremely deserving of being in that top 5. It's a disgrace inferior games get pressed to the front. And we speculate why each few years we obtain a top 10 of the "Great games that no one played" if the people the majority of the universal population rely on for help will shove crappy games onto them.

In fact, do not look so good you do in the store or the beauty of a person who is or how well they work with customers by as much as the GI subs to get and how many bookings you get. The store manager can find and track the amount of each employee and if you're doing is released. As for what games to try to push, not at all to the GA (Game Advisors). We have a list at the back of our computer monitor, which notifies the top five games to try to push and have to go on that list. So normally I will read the list fast real people, and if a lot of games I do not like or agree with (for example, this list of months was) that shall let them know about all the titles leaving less known as The Witcher 2 and a game called Catalina for the PS3 that looks good to me.

The steam is good sometimes, but all the games coming out on Steam are not available to play at midnight, usually have to wait until 14:00 the next day, take longer to download the full game for more than wait, you pay the same exact price and get no packaging, manuals or treats and Steam is a resource hog. As with The Witcher 2, I would have bought the GoG, but why pay $ 50 for a digital download when you can pay the same price and get the soundtrack CD, a DVD, maps, manuals and other things. I'll admit, however, steam is untouchable when they have their holiday sales and regular sales throughout the year.