Thread: Spending money for items in brink

Spending money for items in brink

Hi, first I must say I am really looking forward to this game, which is pretty strange for me, as this is primarily an online gameplay oriented game, something I normally don't pay much attention to, but every time some new information is released I keep getting more and more excited about it, I feel specially mirrored for the first time my thoughts on online games very well.

Re: Spending money for items in brink

So I am almost convinced that this game will be for me, and I am very close to actually pre-ordering it already but there is one thing that would really bug me and actually make me not even want to buy the game. The issue in question is that I have been a mild fan of Team Fortress 2 as far as competitive online games go, but since they added the item shop I have really felt disgusted with it, not so much for the items at first but specially when I learned about crates and keys, that just reeks of greed. In my opinion this is a horrible trend in modern games, that I consider close to a scam, since in the end you are paying way more to buy all the little pieces of a full game, when not so long ago you could enjoy all the features in a game with just one transparent payment.

when I saw this game I was 100% sure that there will be a store, I only played TF2 for a day so can’t say much about that, but I think it’s more like BFH as customization of your character is VERY big part in this game not necessarily weapons, I mean more like decorative items and skins for weapons and such I’m sure you can rent them with earned currency as well , but I m near 100% if you want them permanent you will need cash.

DLC is just a fancy way of putting downloadable content with don’t even describe the items here, as all items MUST be loaded in to the system for every Multi Player, or you wearing it but no one else can see it having sets as codes floating around, it won’t be cheaper to get codes from eBay or forums at all i sold such codes for other games on eBay and they sold for insanely high amounts up to $50 each clothing/decorative item and if it’s all free for all then we won’t have enough.

The difference is that Battlefield Heroes is a free to play game, it earns it's money from the stuff you buy to customize your character and ad space they sell. Brink is paid for by the publisher and is sold for full price in stores. Eventually we will likely see DLC, but they would damage themselves if they were to try squeezing their fan base for money for every little thing. Look at how much it costs to customize 1 of 4 characters in BFH. Assuming you actually take the time to pick every part of 1 character it can cost you near $40, and then you're stuck with that until you pay for more. Plus it throws the balance of the game out the window because the weapons have huge advantages.

The advantage to having a store is that you get to pick and choose what you want. Oftentimes with DLC I'm only interested in part of it. Like with BLOPS, I was only interested in the new zombie map. But i couldn't just buy the one map, I had to buy the entire pack which came with a bunch of stuff I didn't want and rarely used. Money wasted. And if they make guns available in the store, they'll probably be weak/balanced and mostly for show.

I believe you level up and it earns credits to buy specific items. There items will be unlocked in Challenge mode. Real money has not been brought up and DLC’s. Highly unlikely that they will start making you buy each item. TF2 is a different beast. But they might just make clothing packs or just make DLC packs which have both clothing, maps etc