Thread: What changes do you want in brink

What changes do you want in brink

There are some things I don't like though, like the cartoony art style just personal taste, not really a problem, but mostly the scale. I don't buy games with less than 24 players online, but I will probably make an exception for BRINK. If I could change something about this game I would make it have 24 or 32 players online, I would say for 64 players online but that would be unreasonable with bigger maps and dedicated servers on consoles to support it. Also organized squad systems with squad leaders with special abilities like designating one kind of objective as the current priority say the enemy has all the command posts, setting command posts as priority targets would tell your squad to focus on getting command posts, and waypoints on the map to tell your squad where to attack from. So is there any other things which are disliked by you people if yes then let me know what are they.

Re: What changes do you want in brink

Things like orders and waypoints should yield exp bonuses to act as incentives. Also, 1 team leader position on each side whose job it is coordinate with squad leaders, and give orders to his entire team, and also has similar abilities as the squad leader, but for his entire team and not just for one squad . With much bigger maps, having to spawn all the way back in base could be annoying, so maybe squad members should be able to spawn on their squad leader won't be a problem if squads are small and only hold 4 players. Or maybe there could be mobile spawn points, vehicles that act as spawn points like an APC. Maybe some kind of secondary objective may act as spawn points for whatever team captures it, and it could be the squad leader's side-objective on top of his class-designated side objective. Just kind of throwing out ideas as I'm typing, but mainly I just wish BRINK had had scale, bigger maps, more players.

Well to me 12 on 12 seems a little too large for the setting in which the battles take place. large scale battles would be away cramped on the maps that Brink has. I mean. 8 on 8 is a good size. (it IS 8 on 8 right?) Thats bigger than most shooter. Having bigger teams on a large map would make the class-based fighting not as pertinent to game play imho. One thing: Take away the damn rim lightning on enemies, I don't want my enemies nor I to be people soaked in red radioactive pudding - It's not hard to know who to shoot and who not.

I wouldn't mind lessened importance of classes if it bigger maps and more players led to a greater sense of scale. Classes will always be very important no matter how big the game is. People will still get hurt and need medics, objectives will still need protecting and engineers to set nests to provide that protection, operatives interrogating incapacitated enemies and giving away enemy locations will still be very advantageous, etc. I don't think the Ark is too small to support larger scale combat, just basically put 2 maps together and it should be sufficient.

You don't think the extreme radioactive rim lightning will harm some enjoyment in the game? There is already a health bar for your enemies when you aim at them, if they glow too then they can't hide nor flank you, the same goes to you for them. I hear there's no persistent stat tracking? I would definitely change that. The biggest draw for me in playing an online shooter is to keep getting better at it. Stat tracking is the easiest way to follow my progress. If it's not in game hopefully they'll be some way to track them online similar to the Battlefield stat sites.

The reason I will probably buy this game despite the small scale was that I got burned by another team/objective-based shooter: Killzone3, there were nice additions and improvements, but overall the game got dumped down from its predecessor to appeal to the casual crowd, there is lots of imbalance, on top of that it got rushed and many problems from the beta still aren't fixed after release. I'm going to be on the SOCOM4 multiplayer beta in a bit over a week from now, I usually don't like third person shooters, but the developers made my favorite tactical/team/objective-based shooter of all time (MAG), the game will have 32 player online, destructible environments, dedicated servers, custom games, clan battles, focus on teamwork, and other good stuff. Its between SOCOM4 and BRINK for me right now (with only 2 options I can't really be so picky), but Brink looks far more innovative, and regular modern-day settings of SOCOM4 look boring.