Thread: Fable III: Steam Version with DRM

Fable III: Steam Version with DRM

I bought the steam version of Fable III yesterday, beating the first part and I hope the third is as good as the first (cannot play the second because I want to buy an Xbox and a TV game only) . But I have a serious question. I have to login to Steam and I have to authenticate my username and password. I can only play Fable if I am connected and I bought this game. I do not need a CD or DVD and my games always updated. I cannot sell any game because Steam does not allow this. So here's my question: Why do I have to accept a sloppy set, superfluous, annoying DRM "Driver"? I have no DVD, I cannot play the game without having to enter my account and cannot run without being authenticated Fable III.

Re: Fable III: Steam Version with DRM

Steam, as the platform's most popular digital distribution available, is "sloppy" scheduled? I will ignore obvious troll is obvious and we hope to shed some light on this. The game does not use steam, you did. The game uses SecuROM for DRM, and Games for Windows Live to play online and network. I'm not sure how Fable III specifically works, but you may need to activate the game through SecuROM (once you installed the game), the launch of the game through steam, then log on to Games Windows Live for online play.

I am not saying that the Steam is neglected scheduled, I just want to say that SecuROM is scheduled neglected. I buy my games on Steam, because I'm not worried about the copy protection of CD-piece of shit. And I just want to know why I have to install a DRM controller to play a game I have bought online and which is protected by the Steam platform? Double copy protection? Paranoid managers fear that someone could reduce your benefit lovely, lovely? Seriously. Why should I pay for a game with an annoying DRM, if I can download the game, the crack and play whenever you can, without any restrictions? - Do not get me wrong. I already bought Fable III.

Can you say SecuROM or Steam is "sloppy programmed" devoid of seeing the source code? as for DRM I possibly made myself clear I am alongside it in any form counting steam partially because DRM does not stop piracy but mainly because it generates inconvenience for paying clients and if anything turns willing customers away (I at a standstill have not played assassins creed 2 because of Ubisoft's DRM and I have the unique limited ED on pc).

Not certain what the trouble is here as Lionhead did not hide the DRM at all it was evidently on the Steam webpage. Nearly each major release on Steam for above a year has necessary Steam plus the additional DRM to all be running immediately for authentication. If it truly bothered you that much you should have acquired the DVD edition or the Games for Windows Marketplace version neither of which need anything over GFWL (which can be disabled simply in the main menu you can utilize an offline profile) or the DVD in the drive.

I call it "sloppy programmed" and "superfluously" because SecuROM installer a "driver" on my system devoid of any hardware. And even if you uninstall the game, the "driver" is in the system. Does not anyone remember the "Sony Rootkit"? And why to make lawful purchaser angry. The "Pirates" just download a crack or a patch and laugh at SecuROM. Why should I accept a system that limits me and brings absolutely not anything? Games for Windows and Steam are the platforms that I have to enter an account that has registered my copy of the game.